Equinix (Nasdaq: EQIX) is the leading global interconnection platform and the world’s largest data center provider. With more than 180 data centers on five continents and $3.6+ billion in annual revenue, we dream big and hire people who want to help us build a historically significant company.
The Account Executive's goal is to accelerate Equinix's growth in market share and revenue. The successful candidate will have the experience and understanding of how to acquire new accounts through direct sales efforts and channel partners. A strong hunting mentality combined with insight selling skills and strong technical acumen will be required for success in this position.
The Account Executive will have the latitude to define their own sales strategy within a list of prospect accounts and develop their partner network with the target of acquiring new customers in the enterprise space. They will work in partnership with Solution Architects, the Channel Team, and Sales teams in other regions. The Account Executive will carry a quarterly quota for new bookings as well as new logos.
- Identify customer’s business needs, challenges and technical requirements and match to Equinix solutions; leverage external partners to drive solution development in new areas
- Drive net new logo business
- Develop go-to-market plans including prioritizing list of accounts for short and long-term pursuit
- Coordinate with Opportunity Development Team (Inside Sales) on a strategy for lead and sales opportunity qualification and pursue highest propensity prospects
- Engage and influence broad set of decision makers within prospects and clients
- Strategize, negotiate and close deals
- Drive a coordinated sales approach with the complete Equinix Sales team including: Marketing, Sales Engineers, Customer Care, etc.
- Support and promote corporate strategy and initiatives
- Exceed an annual sales quota, with focus on number of new logos acquired
- Minimum 5+ years of experience selling technology solutions
- Strong solution selling skills, including extensive experience selling to the C-suite
- Proven experience selling to enterprise customers
- Proven experience selling to the Enterprise indirectly with support of partners (channel or platform/technology partners)
- Proven experience selling large-scale solutions
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to leverage network for introductions/new business prospects
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Applicants preferred from the New York Metro Area and/or Philadelphia Area