We are Wunderman – a leading global digital marketing agency. Creatively Driven. Data Inspired. Technology Enabled.
With over 200 offices worldwide, we use data and analytics to identify insights that inform creative ideas with the sole purpose of inspiring people to take an action. For more than 50 years, Wunderman has been defining innovative ways to connect consumers and brands. Some of our current Canadian clients include: XBOX, GSK, BMW, FIDO and IKEA.
Reporting to the Group Account Director, the Account Director is a digital-first marketer and the principle day to day contact between the Agency and the Client. The candidateshares responsibility for the health of the client relationship. A dynamic leader, with digital depth, the Account Director works across multiple brands (sometimes to lead a portfolio of brands) to assess clients needs, develop and execute solutions which help our Clients to grow their business and gain market share. The candidate leads the client account team from strategy development to solution delivery, and is also able to lead the cross-functional agency team to ensure solutions are on strategy, meet standards and meet client expectations. Well versed in an integrated agency setting, the Account Director is also focused on building strong relationships with the family of agencies that serve each client and harnassing that power to benefit both agency and client needs. Finally, the Account Director also supervises day to day performance management for account team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive relationships with the day-to-day clients and confidently field and manage requests, input and feedback
- Manage expectations with clients and ensure every deliverable is documented and disseminated to the broader team
- Assist in managing client satisfaction and identifying any issues or barriers and escalate as necessary
- Be proactive to put forward new ideas to resolve clients' business needs
- Lead and engage with clients to define actionable briefs and work closely with all departments on providing strategic input
- Comfortable with ambiguity at times (both with clients and internally), demonstrate flexibility and creative problem solving
- Strong management skills to help identify and grow junior talent
- Work closely with creative, strategy and technology teams to drive creative recommendations to clients
- Provide accurate forecast and budgets to senior management and finance to maintain an updated forecast of your accounts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable about the digital space
- Highly familiar with media and communications planning (across channels with focus on digital)
- Adept at mining client relationship for organic growth potential
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and designing course of action where competitng priorities exist
- Strong understanding of various agency/client revenue models; possesses scope and budgeting expertise.
- Exceptional team-building skills
- Ability to build effective teams and create strong morale within the team.
- Able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Exhibits strong, proven leadership ability.
- Drives for success and is bottom-line oriented.
- Exceptional decision-making ability
- Eight to ten years of professional experiencerequired
- Diploma/degree in Business/Marketing or a related field
- Experience with brand communications on “blue chip” brands is critical
- Must be a core digital marketer, who also offers an integrated marketing perspective
- Understanding of traditional media communications planning is mandatory
- Comfort in the B2C space mandatory; an understanding of B2B is an asset
- Experience on (or leadership of) a global account is an asset
- Agency Account Management experience is required
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including content marketing, social media platforms, paid media planning, digital strategy and web
- Passion for (and experience in) the digital/technology/innovation space.