The Account Director will create and land campaigns that change the way consumers think about our clients through consumer insights, rich storytelling, and a deep understanding of consumer media. This position will help strategize and run major events for clients while managing fast-moving news cycles to drive clients’ desired outcomes. This position will manage a team to accomplish department objectives and goals.
- Manage and grow senior level client relationships to assure internal and external stakeholders alignment, by negotiating and managing client expectations and satisfaction
- Identify and drive digital/social media strategies; either standalone or as elements of communication plans
- Develop and execute integrated communication plans
- Provide strategic counsel to key clients and serve as a trusted advisor on clients and competitors
- Inform, educate, and influence existing and potential future clients directly on WE value and positioning relative to competing agencies
- Build awareness and showcase capabilities, talent, and results internally and externally
- Serve as project manager in preparation and delivery of organic growth or new business proposal content and in-person pitch meetings
- Share industry POV and strong understanding of shifts and opportunities in the competitive agency landscape.
- Identify global, digital, and social communications trends; educate clients/agency in understanding the importance of social media engagement
- Assure internal and external stakeholders are aligned
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact with clients; proactively engage on issues
- Participate in budget and resource management; tracking team utilization
- Manage career development and performance of direct reports, managing up to senior staff on crisis issues, and client/team satisfaction while holding the team accountable to demonstrating agency values
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- 4-5 + years of experience in integrated communications or PR, preferably in an agency setting and/or within an applicable industry; 3 + years of management experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with corporate image, issues/crisis management and strategic communications across multiple audience segments.
- Exceptional media relations background with demonstrated capacity of working with global business and policy press to manage story development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes; pitched new business
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English