The Account Director is responsible for the management, growth, and overall health of client relationships. As a senior leader on the team, the Director coordinates the resources needed to ensure successful projects, builds strategic marketing plans, and aligns the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. The Director works in tight collaboration with the agency’s internal studios (creative, strategy, digital, experiential, content) as well as with clients, vendors and partner agencies.
At Motive a successful Account Director is an integral player and evangelist, ensuring that the work we deliver to our clients is of outstanding quality and results-driven.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and lead the agency’s day-to-day efforts with key client relationships and accounts.
- Strategically advise clients and develop ideas and solutions that achieve business, marketing and engagement objectives.
- Working with Strategy, translate client assignments into meaningful briefs for the creative teams and effectively balance dual expectations of clients and the agency.
- Promote the expansion of business with existing clients.
- Work with art directors, copywriters, developers and other internal teams to ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- Multi-task and get the work done effectively and efficiently—on time, within project budgets and exceeding expectations.
- Manage a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, experiential and promotional projects, including creation of timelines, teams and budgets.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with internal team members and clients.
- Ensure all projects remain within outlined and agreed to budget parameters.
- Participate in and/or lead big idea thinking sessions for the agency.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, assigned client’s business, products, industry and competitive landscape.
- Effectively present strategic and creative platforms to internal and external audiences.
- A minimum of 10+ years of integrated advertising agency experience managing traditional, digital, social, retail, content, experiential and promotional projects.
- Experience working on CPG accounts required, beverage accounts a plus.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for projects covering all of the above.
- Passion for the business.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Desire to do the best work of your career.