SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are seeking an Account Director to counsel key clients and lead the development of experiential marketing strategies, campaigns, projects and events. Candidate should have exceptional interpersonal communication, prior team leadership experience, and project leadership skills with an aptitude towards strategic thinking, problem solving and the ability to facilitate multiple projects simultaneously.
The Account Director will lead an account services team to secure and grow key accounts in the agency while managing, mentoring, and coaching each team member. You will develop relationships with our key clients as a representative of the management team, tweak and manage the successful standardization of the overall client experience as provided by the agency, grow the existing account base through the current account staff in terms of revenue and services provided, and participate in both new business and client strategy development, presentation, and delivery.
This role will report directly to NVE’s SVP of Client Services.
- Client Counsel: Act as agency’s lead contact for key accounts, streamlining internal and external client communication throughout the campaign/project management process, develop and deepen client relationships and grow key accounts.
- Brand Strategy: Guide and counsel leading brands within the NVE portfolio. Develop and deliver creative ideas that meet client objectives using a wide arsenal of experiential tactics including live events, social media, emerging technology, and strategic partnerships. Work with new business team and strategy teams to respond to RFPs and proactively identify ways to further engage and grow assigned accounts.
- Team Leadership: Supervise, train and lead assigned account teams to success, ensuring talents and resources are both maximized and nurtured. Act as a more senior liaison between Production, Creative Services, Strategy & Communications departments and the Client to ensure all contracted deliverables are executed and deadlines met, implementing and managing all necessary internal and external processes to ensure proper communication flow and manage expectations.
- Act as a senior point of contact for key clients, oversee assigned team’s client communication and management of expectations during the campaign production and campaign execution process
- Anticipate client needs and proactively offer solutions and experiential opportunities for the brand
- Responsible for effectively translating, communicating, and prioritizing client requirements to teams
- Provide education and direction on goals and objectives to team
- Consistently motivate internal teams and actively promote innovation, new thinking and advancement of skills
- Creative prowess, development of award-winning disruptive concepts
- Supervise and monitor assigned account team’s day-to-day activities internal/external weekly updates on project development and management, client meeting preparation, etc.
- Establish cross-functional relationships with department counterparts and assist in overseeing the health of cross-department activities, relationships, processes and workflow
- Attend and supervise critical internal/external meetings as needed
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of all contracted event deliverables
- Supervise development of post-event recaps for clients
- Participate in RFP brainstorms, offering creative ideas and approaches towards client requests and needs
- Assist SVP in assigning new accounts to appropriate account teams
- 8+ years of experience in account leadership, campaign/event management/production, marketing, advertising, digital PR, and experiential
- Familiarity with developing integrated campaigns that include paid, earned, social, and owned media for brands.
- Proven track record of client leadership and account growth
- Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience successfully leading and converting new business opportunities, understanding all stages of the new business process, and successfully scaling teams and business operations to support growth
- Experience in an agency environment; must be process-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent people manager with ability to recruit and retain high functioning employees; naturally driven to inspire, motivate, and mentor
- Viewed as a strong, respected and inspiring leader by current leadership, peers, clients, and direct reports
- Experience with management and oversight of complex client budgets
- Ability to write effectively, persuasively and professionally
- Confidence in verbal and written communication with excellent presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours and on weekends when necessary
- Proven ability to weave brands into popular culture