We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.Job DescriptionThe Opportunity:
The NBCULocal Business Development Team is looking for an exceptional candidate for the position of Director. You will be joining a blue-chip team with significant media experience in addition to varied professional services backgrounds. As Director, you will be working at the epicenter of content, technology, and culture. You will drive new revenue generation across the NBCUniversal Local portfolio by identifying growth opportunities and playing a central role within the NBCU Ad Sales team to close the business.
The right candidate will possess a keen ability to develop new and incremental revenue by connecting a brands strategy seamlessly with the entire portfolio of NBCU Local assets.Responsibilities:
- Develop new business revenue through strategic prospecting, targeting, and pitching.
- Work with NBCU Local's award-winning marketing services arm; Skycastle to create customized solutions for brands that will demonstrate the power of NBCU
- Contribute to the company's revenue goals by the monetization of Linear, Digital, Peacock/OTT, Out-Of-Home, plus top tier Sports
- Represent a portfolio of assets second-to-none including The Olympics, The FIFA Men's/Women's World Cup, NFL, Peacock/SpotOn, Out of Home (Taxis/Reach TV), NBC Regional Sports Networks, Cozi, Telexitos, Local Lifestyle Shows and the rest of NBC and Telemundo's top tier programming.
- Position both the General Market and Spanish Language marketplace opportunities across various categories, to generate demand
- Develop growth revenue by focusing on "conversion" targets from competitive media including Digital, Radio, Print, etc.
- Maintain a current knowledge of audience measurement, attribution tools, research, and competitive landscape
- Work with an eye toward emerging and current industry trends
- Lead strategic presentation development of customized multi-element partnership programs, collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve optimal success
- Be able to clearly tell the NBCUniversal story and communicate the unique value proposition of customized concepts to ultimately drive revenue across the portfolio
- Collaborate with teams across the NBCU Ad Sales portfolio (Network, Strategy, One Platform Marketing, Commerce) to proactively identify targeted opportunities that strategically align with client objectives
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 10 years sales/client solutions experience or agency planning/strategy
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to travel and work overtime
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent executive level presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead collaborative efforts across multiple teams at NBCUniversal
- Thorough knowledge of sales, media and brand marketing process
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Established network of agency and client relationships
- Prior experience across key verticals such as technology, wireless, automotive, retail, CPG, QSR, finance, or pharmaceuticals a plus
- Act proactively to anticipate and deliver on sales requests and client needs
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace
- Ability to solve problems and work proactively
- Strong organizational skills
: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $170,000 - $195,000 (SIC eligible).Additional Information
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.