As an Account Director, you'll work with current customers to turn ideas and opportunities into planned design and development projects. You're a people person - able to build relationships and trust - and you love working with customers. You have experience in a design or development agency, and understand the complexity of scoping and delivering project work. Experience working as a product manager, strategist or delivery manager is a must. You need to have an understanding of software design and development for various user interfaces around the consumer, B2B, and workplace tools, including eCommerce platforms, portals, mobile development, and conversational interfaces. You have a breadth of knowledge and can help advise on software/technology. You have experience leading strategic programs spanning multiple stakeholders and multi-year projects.
- Working collaboratively with the account services team, you'll shepherd opportunities through our sales process, including pitch and SOW development
- Contribute to and maintain account plans
- Accountable for existing customer growth and building relationships across departments - negotiating renewals, expanding our reach, and surfacing new ideas to our customers.
- Support new business development within existing customers
- Manage existing accounts, account plans, and serving as a point of first contact for your clients within Myplanet
- Maintain strong working relationships with production teams, to support the delivery of work according to the scope and with a high degree of quality
- Attend and participate in meetups, conferences, and other industry events
- Review delivery teams’ implementation to ensure alignment to vision, goals, and that the solution is meeting the identified success criteria / KPIs
- You'll help lead roadmap planning, various design and strategic workshops, quarterly business reviews, and project check-ins as a trusted advisor to the client
Skills & Qualifications
- At least five years experience working in a professional services customer-facing role; must be comfortable communicating with clients
- Degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work experience (e.g. digital marketing, product management)
- An understanding of and familiarity working with websites, e-commerce experiences, chatbot/conversational interfaces, or other digital offerings
- Comfortable juggling many responsibilities at one time and playing different roles on the team and in projects if necessary
- Presentation skills to showcase learnings and recommendations and to gain stakeholder buy-in
- Experience in aligning teams with a history of bringing several stakeholders needs together through collaborative work
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Prior experience with Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics, GAIQ certification an asset
- Experience working with conversion rate optimization (CRO) and/or A/B and Multivariate
Is the role a fit for you?
The role emphasizes team collaboration, user-centred thinking and business acumen, as well as strong account and relationship management. We value leaders with a maker's attitude, collaborative energy, and entrepreneurial spirit. You’ll find fulfillment in the role if…
- You are passionate about client engagement. You can't sleep properly if we might miss a commitment, or even an opportunity to delight those we serve. You appreciate that these relationships create the ability to collaboratively define the product strategy for our upcoming client projects.
- You have an interest in making the business work. You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You see your craft as a tool that can solve business challenges, not merely an artistic craft. You’re willing to wear different hats to will move the business forward.
- Delight in making things. You thrill at the concept of helping teams deliver a concrete product, not merely a strategy or concept. You have an eye for detail and know-how to get the highest performance out of creative types. You’ve got a solid handle on your technical domain.
- Find passion in learning new things. You relish every opportunity to move things forward with your can-do attitude and you eagerly share your entrepreneurial spark. You like depth, but if you only have time to skim the surface, you can get up to speed quickly and think critically about what you’ve learned.
- Thoroughly enjoy collaborative work and servant leadership. You enjoy knowledge sharing in all directions and you geek out at the chance to improve skills across disciplines for you and your teammates. You genuinely care about what makes people tick, and you’re committed to helping others succeed by putting the team’s needs first.