Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
Directors are responsible for designing, implementing, leading and growing client engagements and setting the charter for one or more of Merkle’s strategic accounts. They are accountable for overall account management activities and serve as leaders within a client team overseeing an account management team as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity (creative, production, development, etc.). They are also skilled in having difficult client and employee conversations within the context of project management and they consistently demonstrate an advanced ability to rally a team to deliver high client satisfaction.
Directors establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with the client by ensuring the successful execution of deliverables and putting forth recommendations related to applied strategy using CRM and/or industry knowledge. Provide thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and engage a cross-functional team to deliver high levels of overall service and delivery.
- Successfully manage people and create opportunities for growth and development throughout team; coach and mentor internal team members for career advancement.
- Establish strong relationship with clients to promote Merkle and our service offerings.
- Drive new business on existing accounts and participate in new business development efforts.
- Consistently demonstrates financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on account(s).
- Proactively manage the business to client through supporting and leading staffing and resource management.
- Ability to travel to clients frequently (at least twice a month) and sometimes with little advance notice
- Lead execution of all client work, ensuring it meets or exceeds client’s objectives, is in line with agency’s creative philosophy and is of the highest quality.
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7 – 10+ years experience in client services/account management in an advertising agency, marketing company, or client side marketing department with a strong working knowledge of:
- Online and offline creative development and production
- Digital Marketing
- Multichannel/Integrated Marketing
- Campaign management
- Financial services/wealth management vertical experience
- Relationship/Client Management
- Account Planning and Strategy
- Ability to lead both internal (account, creative, development, production, etc.) and client teams
- Understanding of data analytics for multi-channel results analysis and recommendations
- Business acumen to develop and manage budgets/forecasts/ pro forma
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, including presentation and client engagement
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
- Consistent, keen attention to detail; successfully deliver on high expectations
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Quick study; ability to remember agency and client preferences and requirements
- Beneficial if experience in Financial Services and/or credit card marketing, either agency or client side
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.