What do we do at Karmak? We create dealer management systems (DMS) software for the heavy-duty trucking and automotive industries. Walk into any auto or truck dealership or parts/service shop, and they’ll access a DMS to check their inventory for a new sale or schedule your vehicle for an oil change. At Karmak, our team of industry experts design, develop, train, and support DMS systems that provide visibility, control, and cost savings to our customers. We are innovative problem solvers – in software as well as Sales, Marketing, Consulting, Support, Training, and more – and we’re always looking for bright, curious minds to join our team.
Key Account Management:
- Consistently focus on business solutions aimed at maximizing the profitability of key accounts by providing 100% complete and total customer satisfaction
- Track, develop and maintain strong relationships within customer organizations at the decision-maker level with key accounts
- Partner with Project Managers to establish a strategic plan for onboarding new customers and provide a reliable communication conduit to the customer c-suite.
- Interact with customers and internal departments including sales, marketing, development, support, training, product management, IT and other functional areas, focusing proactively on gathering information and collaborating on solutions
- Track account profitability, growth and focus of existing customers to identify potential key accounts and conduct quarterly account planning meetings and annual executive briefings.
- Articulate key customers’ challenges, issues, expectations and goals and translate into actionable objectives for escalation team managers. Negotiate equitable business solutions when customer desires cannot be reasonably met. (e.g. enhancements)
- Review industry best practices and customer requirements to recommend changes and additions to developed customer solution sets or new solutions
- Update the company CRM daily
- Operate independently and provide appropriate information and guidance to escalation team members in addressing customer concerns
- Provide to Karmak Management input on key accounts sufficient to support internal policy decisions, influence solution development and drive market actions at the highest level. Contacts will include sensitive and confidential information.
- Develop and execute account plans for assigned key accounts to drive customer to higher satisfaction and ensure retention
- Continuously identify and capture new sources of revenue within assigned key accounts
- Develop and deliver detailed, accurate and timely revenue forecasts to sales management
- Develop and negotiate contract terms, rates, plans, schedules, resources, involvement, and roles/responsibilities
- Identify the factors which influence business performance and recommend actions to improve profitability and/or enhance revenue for Karmak
- Hit or exceed targets for customer retention, revenue expansion, relationship growth and direct contact.
- Develop and maintain skills, knowledge and proficiencies required to respond to customer requirements
- Continually build knowledge and skills to keep pace with market trends
- Maintain current knowledge of customers’ business goals and objectives
- Continually develop skills, knowledge and proficiencies in account management techniques
- Maintain focus on team objectives and encourage others to do the same through well-developed working relationships
- Learn C level sales communication methods
- Business Acumen in key metrics that predict and measure business success
- Strong account planning skills
· Demonstrated track record of success in a customer facing position preferably at the C-level
- Excellent communication skills (including writing, speaking and presentations) required
- Excellent follow-through and detail orientation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective at free-form solution development and relationship management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Requires a high level of accuracy, clear communication and professionalism
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Ability to lead team development and motivate others
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5+ years’ experience in HD industry software support, sales, training or consulting required, with specific sales or account management-related experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience operating at the C-level regarding relationship management and collaborative solution development
- Effective problem solving skills, sound judgment, strong decision making ability, confidence to make difficult decisions and excellent communication skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to translate big picture ideas into customer objectives
- Travel averaging 25 - 50% will be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.