Happy Medium is seeking an Account Director to develop and grow strong client relationships. The Account Director will report to the Director of Client Experience. The Account Director is critical to the success of our clients' work with Happy Medium and is more than just an "account manager", they're expected to contribute to developing top-notch work for our clients. We expect the person in this role to have an entrepreneurial mindset.
Daily contact with clients is a key part of the job, so offering new and forward-thinking ideas is essential. The Account Director will be expected to generate new ideas for clients and pitch them regularly. A confident attitude is necessary to promote the agency's ideas and benefits.
Happy Medium is a fast-paced environment that is both demanding and fulfilling. The Account Director is depended upon to give projects direction, inspire the team to produce great work and maintain a clear strategy to achieve the very best outcome for the client.
The responsibilities of the Account Director include, but are not limited to:
- The day-to-day management of clients' marketing and advertising campaigns including daily communication with clients of all sizes, generating accurate status notifications, organizing client feedback and coordinating projects with the Happy Medium team
- Attend and lead client meetings
- Proactive leadership that encourages the Happy Medium team to perform to the best of their ability
- Regularly generating and pitching fresh and innovative ideas to clients to help them achieve their goals and increase Happy Medium revenue
- Manage multiple clients' budgets on a campaign, monthly or annual basis, negotiate and execute statements of work, manage multiple client project timelines and conduct regular and accurate client billing
- Effectively manage client expectations, ensure deadlines are met, manage client feedback appropriately and manage crises in a professional and efficient manner
- Participate in the development of new business through identification and pursuit of additional opportunities for existing clients.
- Participate in project reviews, post-mortems, ensure work is summarized and celebrated throughout Happy Medium and develop case studies for completed projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5 years of advertising, marketing, digital or web client management
- A solid understanding of the marketing and advertising industry with the ability to explain the benefits of Happy Medium's services to clients
- Ability to plan and strategize for clients and Happy Medium at a senior level
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve problems and make decisions in a timely manner, detail-oriented and very organized
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to manage unhappy clients and rectify the situation
- Ability to effectively lead a team and inspire great work in other people
- Strong existing business relationships, community involvement and a desire to regularly attend networking events
- Ability to partner successfully and collaboratively in a highly creative and passionate environment and maintain positive work relationships
- Ability to understand any client's business and be able to discuss knowledgeably with the client
- Understanding of project and account management, client profitability, statements of work and client budgeting.
- Competitive pay
- Graduated unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays
- Health Insurance Plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Free onsite parking
- 100% paid parental leave (including mothers, fathers and adoptive parents)