The Account Director is responsible for supervising her/his account teams and their resources. Central to the Account Director's responsibility is ensuring strategic integrity and training the account team in this regard. The individual is responsible for development of ongoing business on their accounts.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing business and actively participate in new business pitches. Oversee the development of business/marketing strategy for client(s).
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape to prove senior level strategic insights. Engage with senior level clients and continue an ongoing relationship development. Identify opportunities for account growth.
- Supervise and provide mentorship for team members. Encourage training opportunities as needed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the team (or multiple teams) on strategic/business development and tactical implementation.
- Develop, author and present business plans.
- Coordinate and prioritize activities amongst accounts.
- Identify and proactively respond to needs that arise as well as lead longer term planning.
- Train, develop, and appropriately delegate to account team.
- Encourage and provide growth and development to Account Supervisor, Account Executive, and Assistant Account Executive.
- Provide direction and supervise team on implementation, including development of strategically sound agendas for key events.
- Develop and manage staffing plan to ensure appropriate resource allocation and utilization.
- Oversee contract development and overall budget development and approval.
- Liaise with internal senior managers, scientific services, medical education, finance, etc. to ensure optimal client satisfaction, business development, and income potential.
EDUCATIONDEGREE/DIPLOMAAREA OF STUDYREQUIRED/PREFERREDBachelors
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
EXPERIENCEMIN YEARSAREA OF EXPERIENCEREQUIRED/PREFERRED8 yearsRelevant Industry ExperienceSupervisory Experience
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly and accurately
- Emphasizes the broader, longer term vision and values as a means of guiding decisions and actions
- Is able to establish and maintain rapport and build relationships with another