Account Director, Digital, Consumer
Practice Area: Digital
Are you known for driving new business growth and building strong client relationships? Edelman Digital would love to get to know you!
Edelman Digital is seeking a digital marketing and communications professional to join our Calgary office in a leading role, and grow our Digital practice.
The Account Director will work with clients in the consumer marketing sector while leading the growth of the regional digital business.
The successful candidate will join Edelman Digital, the world’s largest global social agency and part of Edelman, the leading Communications Marketing firm in the world.
Reporting to the Vice President, Digital, Canada West, you will lead the digital and integrated programs, service clients and drive new business in the region. Staying on top of the latest trends is what you do and your passion for digital and social media is infectious.
You thrive on client contact, building client relationships and winning new mandates. You have experience with influencer outreach, digital content planning, social networks, email marketing, inter-agency planning, strategy development, mobile, video execution, website builds and digital issues management.
You’re organized and you routinely adapt to new conditions, assignments and deadlines. As part of the Calgary Leadership Team, you will serve as a leader, manager and role model to team members.
- Build strong relationships with primarily consumer-focused clients and operate the day to day client contact;
- Grow Edelman’s digital business in Calgary with both new and existing clients;
- Lead digital marketing and social media programs for clients, with accountability for quality, performance, deadline and budget management;
- Collaborate with creative and planning teams on concept and campaign development;
- Contribute to business growth through introducing clients to new capabilities, building network of industry contacts and participating in relevant professional organizations;
- Develop a solid understanding of clients’ business to provide sound strategic counsel;
- Ensure seamless integration between digital activities and other program elements;
- Demonstrate creativity and conceptual thinking on client programs and projects;
- Pursue opportunities for learning new expertise & share appropriately.
- Six to eight years of related experience in digital marketing and/or communications; ideally with consumer experience from a digital, PR, marketing or advertising agency;
- A Bachelors in Business, Marketing or related discipline from an accredited college or university, at a minimum;
- Strong experience in client service, with an ability to understand and assess a client’s business and communication needs;
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing engaging and successful digital marketing and social media programs for clients;
- Experience managing a team that executes digital and social programs;
- Proven ability to manage large projects (including budgets) and small teams simultaneously, function as a daily client contact, as well as develop and execute plans to meet client goals;
- Demonstrated track record for contributing to the growth of digital business with new and existing clients;
- A relentless passion and understanding of the role of digital communications for product marketing, brand building, community engagement, etc.;
- Great references from past and current clients, business partners and employers;
- Amazing writing and presentation skills;
- Tact and diplomacy.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.
Account Director, Digital, Consumer - (170981).