You think outside the text box. Your creative brain is balanced with your business brain - exists in a realm beyond basic design principles, one that celebrates a perfectionist lens for design adaptation, all backed by strategic acumen. We get it. And we want the rest of the world to get it — with your help.
As Design Account Director, Marks is offering you the chance to use your powers for good, not evil; roll up your sleeves and lead our skilled near-site design team in working with iconic CVS Private Brands and its vast portfolio of brands. With this opportunity, not only will you directly affect how existing Marks/CVS design platforms are implemented and adapted, your imprint will be etched in the brands’ legacy.
1. Get immersed in exciting, fast-paced, CVS’ Marketing/Design Culture.
2. Drive Adaptive Design Strategy.
3. Oversee all design and packaging development for CVS Store Brands through Marks - including Packaging, POS, and any other internal needs when needed.
4. Ability to lead creative teams, day-to-day creative outputs.
5. Ability to apply insights to creative, effectively present and communicate layouts to clients.
6. Ability to multi-task and problem-solve on a daily basis.
7. Ability an willingness to be the point person from Marks in any and all packaging related strategy and design discussions with CVS
8. Provide strategic direction/rationale and quality check on all design and packaging work to ensure high standards are met, error-free.
9. Review all packaging work, regardless of the complexity, with they eye of both the client and the customer.
10. Lead project kick-offs, brainstorming sessions, and client meetings, ensuring smooth project work flow.
11. Write briefs in conjunction with the client, align on design objectives and design intent. Ensure the designs presented align with the approved briefs.
12. Optimize internal and external resources for efficiency, creativity, and design quality.
13. Recommend improvements in the design process and utilization of resources to optimize efficiencies.
Success in the role
Success in this role is achieved by consistently demonstrating the ability to manage, oversee and work against the clients’ growth priorities, uphold the Marks Design Pillar Standard of Excellence, manage multiple priorities with internal and external clients, and make sound decisions to ensure the business moves forward.
Education and Experience Requirements
Ideal Candidate will possess: