We are currently seeking an Account Director who is accountable for developing and implementing a strategic account plan for our largest financial services client's entire West region. This strategic Account Director role is responsible for delivering the full range of real estate services for a portfolio totaling over 17MM SF and over 1,500 locations. The Account Director, West Region anticipates client needs and delivers to outperform on the key performance indicators within the contract and builds financial plans while striving to exceed revenue and profitability. The Account Director creates, develops, and leads high performing teams that deliver operational excellence and keeps employees engaged and thriving. This strategic business development role translates the firm’s strategy and goals into business opportunities. The position will report to the Global Regional Account Executive for the account and is part of the Operating Committee leadership team. This role will be based in either San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, or Phoenix.
- Lead the West Region in executing the vision and strategy of the account plan ensuring there is alignment with the account Centers of Excellence (COE) and the client's objectives and interests
- Drive integration between the service lines within the region and with the COE to provide a seamless end to end service delivery for the client
- Collaborate and integrate with the Central and East Account Directors and the COE’s to deliver the optimum mix of consistent delivery approach, while aligning with specific regional requirements
- Overall accountability for the delivery of major client initiatives and construction projects, providing the needed support and guidance to the service line leads owning the on-site delivery
- Partner with our JLL Markets colleagues to deliver best in class solutions to the client for services including Transactions Management and Project & Development Services
- Partner with Service Line Leaders to roll out strategic initiatives throughout region
- Drive the account plan to deliver high quality results which exceed the client’s expectations
- Understand scope and manage delivery of services to be provided, including market planning, transaction management, project management, occupancy planning, facility management, engineering, lease administration, and other services as applicable.
- Become a reference for best in class service delivery that can be leveraged to expand JLL’s business offerings
- Bring to the organization any leading practices and/or innovations developed on the account to the firm
- Identify opportunities both on account and within professional network to generate additional revenue – engaging the right cross-functional resources to win
- Identify risks and opportunities to management, and recommend strategies to achieve company goals
- Work closely with HR to track internal and external bench, assess needs and fit, and manage HR requests such as Year-End Reviews, Talent Review, Promotions, and other corporate talent development initiatives
- Provide superior employee management
- Establish defined Career Paths for teams, utilizing succession and growth planning concepts
- Establish and maintain relationships within Americas’ Leadership across all business lines
- Assist in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices.
- Advance the firm’s diversity and inclusion priorities by focusing on talent moves, i.e. hiring, rotation and promotion
- Comply with all JLL policies and procedures, including but not limited to ethics and business practice.
- 15+ years of progressively responsible experience in real estate management-with extensive experience in integrated facility management
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business or Real Estate, MBA preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to interact with executive level external and internal clients
- Ability to clearly state the vision of the department and our clients and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- Solutions oriented to solve difficult problems with effective solutions and demonstrated ability to identify issues before they become problems
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills including financial, scope, schedule, estimating and budgeting with an ability to balance with business acumen and strategy
- Demonstrated client focus and relationship management skills
- Excellent client influence and presentation skills
- Strong people management experience for both remote and local teams.
- Natural coach with the ability to clearly establish performance expectations, goals and provides point in time feedback to enhance employee performance. Creates an environment with strong morale.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Position will require periodic travel to regional offices as necessary