Account Director, Corporate Communications
Edelman has experienced unprecedented growth in recent years – growth that is reflective of the firm’s ongoing evolution from a PR agency into a communications marketing firm. Do you share these values?
Relentless Pursuit of Excellence
Courage to do the Right Thing
Freedom to be Constantly Curious
Edelman Toronto is looking for an Account Director to lead client strategy across a diverse set of corporate clients. You bring a reputation as a strategic, business-minded steward of the client relationship and a trusted advisor who provides wise corporate communications counsel across the communications and marketing mix. You are empowered to ensure both the client’s and agency’s business objectives are met. This role is the ideal position for a seasoned communications and/or marketing professional who understands the value and role of PR, is channel agnostic and digitally/socially savvy.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Client Strategy, Corporate, you will be given the opportunity to work with an accomplished, integrated team with responsibilities to:
- Build and manage client relationships, strategic programming and integrated account teams across a portfolio of corporate clients;
- Create and implement client campaigns and/or annual engagement plans, engaging and overseeing appropriate team members and specialties
- Strengthen client relationships and identify organic growth opportunities to support the client’s business – anticipate what’s next and help clients see around corners, get ahead of issues and capitalize on new opportunities;
- Serve as the client’s chief advocate within Edelman, ensuring a broad understanding of the client’s business (business challenges and goals) and bringing relevant Edelman IP, insights, best practices and methodologies;
- Effectively assemble, deploy and lead integrated account teams and specialists based on the client’s current and evolving needs;
- Oversee client account, budget management and forecasting and proactively identify and navigate issues and challenges as required;
- Stay knowledgeable about the markets, sectors and channels in which clients operate; use internal and external resources to address knowledge gaps and speed learning.
- Demonstrated track record of developing client relationships and executing successful communication programs with at least 8-10 years’ experience in public relations and corporate communications (exposure to broader marketing programs is a plus)
- Strategic mindset with experience – ideally within an agency setting – involving corporate reputation management, executive profiling, digital/social, influencer and advocacy programming. Corporate branding (and brand-building) and employee engagement are also desirable.
- Effectively engages with all levels of a client organization, particularly at the executive management level
- Demonstrated experience working with and successfully mobilizing multi-disciplinary teams, including planning & creative, analytics, digital and earned media specialists, crisis & risk management, production and paid media
- Understands the distinction between marketing (CMO) and communications (CCO), equally values digital marketing and traditional editorial and can effectively navigate within and across both successfully
- Maintains networks and key relationships across industry, media, and business to remain current on news and trends relevant to Edelman and its clients
- Brings a hunter mentality to and successful track record of building trusted client relationships growing organic and new business