CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Responsible for managing business development activities for high-profile named accounts and/or specific market segment(s) that lead to the expansion and growth of the CDN services product portfolio. Related responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the coordination and sales strategy on all assigned account(s).
- Responsible for the direct development and implementation of account plans on a high-profile sub-set of assigned accounts.
- Responsible for identification, development, and management toward closure of a funnel of CDN-Related sales opportunities in product families including but not limited to:
- CDN Caching and Delivery
- CDN Storage
- CDN Edge Compute
- CDN Mesh/P2P
- CDN Security
- Professional Services
- Other CDN services as developed
- Accountable for Collaboration with Solution Architect to provide bespoke solutions, ensure customer satisfaction, and maintain positive ongoing relationships with key customers to create, grow, and protect CDN revenue for the company.
- Responsible for the introduction of CDN products and services to sales teams and assisting in the introduction of these services to new and/or existing customers.
- Accountable for driving the creation and implementation of strategic and tactical sales account plans.
The successful candidate will possess the following traits and skillsets:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the CDN market and the company's entire CDN product suite.
- Develops and manages relationships with acquired and/or existing customers for strategic positioning with decision makers, attain additional business, and retain existing revenue.
- Develops action plans to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Identifies, bids on, negotiates, and closes new CDN sales opportunities in order to meet and exceed established sales and revenue quotas. Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Pursue marketing generated sales leads to close new CDN business. Provide presentation and demonstration support. Prioritizes multiple projects and communicates project requirements/time lines.
- Provides input to sales management and teams about trends and changes taking place within the customer’s organization and makes recommendations about future courses of action necessary of the company towards improving its position with the customer.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- 7+ yrs in a Content Distribution or Cloud Services related sales/technical role.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Excel Programming preferred.
- Experience in Media & Entertainment, Ad Tech, Cloud, or Software Development Sales.
- Managed Services and Networking background is a plus.
- Experience in strategic, technical, and business communications application sales.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proficiency in selling to the close.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- Proficient in MS office products: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Alternate Location: US-California-San Francisco; US-California-San Jose; US-California-Walnut Creek; US-Washington-Seattle
Requisition #: 212104
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”