Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives.
Account Director, Business Development - Zydis Technologies
The Account Director, Zydis Technology is expected to drive significant growth for Catalent and play a key role in building Catalent’s brand in the marketplace.
Reporting to the VP Business Development, Europe, this role is responsible for identifying, negotiating, and closing development and commercial business for the Zydis and Zydis Ultra technology offerings.
In this role, this person will provide customer relationship management support to existing development and commercial programs. Specific objectives around new business generation will be agreed on an annual basis with the VP Business Development, Europe.
In concert with Catalent’s Patient First philosophy, this position is key in our efforts toward continuous improvement of our processes & information which will allow quality drug products to reach patients safely and efficiently.
The Role (daily responsibilities)
- Develop and execute sales plans (effectively utilizing Miller-Heiman sales methodology) to identify, qualify, pursue and close new development and commercial opportunities (using Scotwork Negotiation Skills Methodology) within an assigned region (current customers and/or prospects) to achieve revenue and new business objectives.
- Work with legal to execute appropriate and negotiate complex development and supply agreements (using Scotwork Negotiation Skills Methodology).
- Present Catalent’s Zydis and Zydis Ultra capabilities knowledgeably and effectively with customers, and craft specific targeted solutions that meet customers’ manufacturing and development needs.
- Present Catalent’s broader capabilities knowledgeably and effectively with customers, in order to generate cross-sell opportunities and craft value-added solutions for customers across technologies.
- Support and prepare development and commercial proposals working closely with R&D and negotiate these proposals.
- Collaborate with VPBD’s, Director Business Development, Strategic Account Directors and other Business Units BD teams in the construction and execution of their strategic account plan(s), if applicable.
- Provide input into pricing strategy with assigned customers.
- Provide business and overall relationship management support to existing development and commercial programs. Responsibilities may include negotiation of new development and commercial supply quotations, support specific sites on business/commercial issues and support of R&D groups to structure proposals as programs move through various stages of development to commercialization.
- Ensure compliance with reporting processes and tools, and maintain open communication throughout the organization, especially in regard to cross-site and cross-business unit customer efforts.
- Perform any other objectives as agreed with the VP Business Development, Europe to help drive growth for the Oral Drug Delivery team and achieve business objectives.
The Candidate (requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or other related field.
- Advanced scientific degree and/or Master of Business Administration / commercially orientated degree is advantageous but not essential.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in B2B sales, Business Development or Project Management
- Sales/business development experience in the contract pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Thorough understanding of oral solid-dose manufacturing is a plus and/or relevant industry knowledge of oral solid dose drug product development and manufacturing.
- Experience in negotiating Development and License agreements would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong customer focus, strong results orientation, strong fundamental business skills; ability to appropriately evaluate and structure value creating deals for the business with a good ability to negotiate those deals.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers and internal team members and management.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong internal relationships.
- Proven ability to organize and plan work and balance multiple priorities effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with scientists and technical staff from customers and from the Catalent organization.
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- 19 days’ Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount programs
- Robust Employee Referral Program