Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
Account Director Biologics Drug Product
Catalent is looking to recruit an Account Director to join a growing national team.
The Account Director Biologics Drug Product is an exciting role focused on proactively developing business opportunities with pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The Account Director will partner withinternal sales, marketing and technical support teams to assess and qualify drug target pursuits, with a focus on increasing the financial return of projects and educating customers and prospects on Catalent’s capabilities.
If you have a passion for business development, a positive attitude, and a “Patient First” focus to help deliver safe, reliable, and high quality pharmaceutical products, then apply today!
- Proactively develop business opportunities for contract manufacturing by prospecting for and calling on pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Partner with internal sales/marketing and technical support teams to quickly assess and qualify drug target pursuits
- Respond to incoming Biopharmaceutical leads and inquiries from multi-sources, and qualify through business analysis, customer evaluations and strategic fit.
- Engage in the preliminary selling stage of the sales cycle – prepare baseline price proposals and scope of work as part of initial qualification process.
- Present the value proposition for Catalent’s capabilities and services to customers, and facilitate on-site capabilities presentations and tours
- Increase the financial return of each project by maximizing each lead and educating the client on all of the solutions available through Catalent.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of ten years of prior sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of prior sales experience (pharmaceutical industry preferred. Preferred candidates will have experience with Drug Product contract manufacturing and packaging)
- Ability to effectively build strong relationships within all levels/disciplines of a biopharma account – matrix approach involving both functional representation and multiple levels of senior management
- Proven leadership skills, ability to understand financial analytics, prioritize multiple tasks, and drive projects to completion
Catalent’s standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Potential for career growth within an expanding team
- Defined career path and annual performance review & feedback process
- Cross functional exposure to senior leaders enterprise wide
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K are all offered from day one of employment
- 152 hours of paid time off annually + 7 paid holidays