The Account Director is an exciting role focused on proactively developing business opportunities with pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The Account Director will partner with internal sales, marketing and technical support teams to assess and qualify drug target pursuits, and grow existing accounts as applicable with a focus on increasing the financial return of projects and educating customers and prospects on Catalent’s capabilities and value proposition.
- Proactively develop business opportunities for contract manufacturing by prospecting for and calling on pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Establish strategic partnerships with key pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Partner with internal sales/marketing and technical support teams to quickly assess and qualify drug target pursuits
- Respond to incoming Biopharmaceutical leads and inquiries from multi-sources, and qualify through business analysis, customer evaluations and strategic fit.
- Engage in the preliminary selling stage of the sales cycle – prepare baseline price proposals and scope of work as part of initial qualification process.
- Present the value proposition for Catalent’s capabilities and services to customers, and facilitate on-site capabilities presentations and tours
- Increase the financial return of each project by maximizing each lead and educating the client on all of the solutions available through Catalent.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of prior sales experience with Drug Product contract manufacturing and packaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration or equivalent work experience
- Ability to effectively build strong relationships within all levels/disciplines of a biopharma account – matrix approach involving both functional representation and multiple levels of senior management
- Proven leadership skills, ability to understand financial analytics, prioritize multiple tasks, and drive projects to completion