Position at Cision US
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
Responsible for the retention and profitable growth of revenue within assigned customer accounts. Serves as the focal point of client contact, marshalling other resources (e.g.,broadcast, Insights, compliance specialists, sales leadership, executive management, billing, contracts, editorial, sales support, customers service, etc.) to ensure the client is well serviced and takes advantage of all appropriate products/solutions. Advises clients in the areas of message development, distribution, monitoring, and measurement. May be assigned specific account types (agencies vs. non-agencies, public vs. private), industries (entertainment & sports, health/beauty, retail, etc.), or workacross a variety of customer segments. Total of assigned accounts will be $2.5M to $3M in annualized revenue across the entire service/product portfolio.
- Analyzes customer assignment and develops a plan of action in conjunction with the Sales Director for how they will grow revenues and achieve their assigned quota through a mix of retention and expansion.
- Proactively and regularly calls on existing customers (at least quarterly) to drive business conversations to uncover new opportunities, monitor service/product usage, issues, and competitive activity, ensuring a high rate of revenue retention and product renewal.
- Builds strong and broad relationships with multiple points of contacts at each account (e.g., communications, social media, marketing, Investor relations, senior leadership) based upon the ability to add value to their business.
- Expands existing business by positioning and selling the appropriate products/services to address needs. Must sell across the full line of products/services. Presents and sells structured payment deals when appropriate.
- Networks within local geography, account, or industry focus.
- Works collaboratively the New Business Director team to transition after a New Business Director secures a new account. Focus on retaining and expanding these new accounts.
- Onboard assigned new members that proactively reach out to the Member Service Center. Focus on retaining and expanding these new accounts.
- Fully satisfies the company's and their manager's expectations related to sales activity (e.g., calls per week, proposals per week, account reviews, etc.), behavior, reporting (sales activity, opportunity pipeline management, customer profiling, etc.), and administration.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least three years of successful outside sales experience with demonstrated ability to exceed assigned quotas through retention and expansion and to meet sales activity and behavior expectations
- Experience selling into Federal Government accounts a plus
- Proficient with sales force automation tools (ex. Siebel, Salesforce.com, Goldmine, etc.)
- Ability to travel to client sites daily, with the potential for 20% - 40% travel
- Valid driver's license required
- Excellent networking, relationship building, communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Keen interest in business news
- Understanding of multimedia and social media
- State-of-the-art office
- Medical, dental, vision
- FSA (Health & dependent care)
- Life & disability insurance
- Flexible PTO and work arrangements
- Casual work environment
- Gym on site
- Tuition reimbursement & professional training