What We Need
We are looking for a senior technology Analyst Relations (“AR”) professional to lead technology product research on our Microsoft account.
AR is a strategic function at WE Communications and we are looking for a motivated, self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in working with the technology industry’s leading analyst research firms. If you have a passion for technology, working with great clients and constant learning, this is a great role for you!
This is a high-energy and fast-paced position where you will be part of a tightly knit agency team and working closely with us and our Microsoft clients. Two things to know about us – 1) we believe that working together as a team results in both collective and individual success 2) when our team is comprised of different experiences and ideas, our work is at its best.
You can be based remotely or work in our Seattle, Portland, San Francisco or New York offices.
What you'll be doing at WE
- Lead the strategy for technology industry analyst relation programs that bolsters leadership placement in top instrumented research by firms like Gartner, Forrester, IDC.
- Provide sound counsel and facilitate needs from marketing and engineering to get product and message testing from technology industry analysts.
- Partner across our client team at all levels of the organization to tell, support and deliver content and engagements that reflect the portfolio’s technical capabilities and differentiation.
- Drive strategy and execution of analyst engagements – including inquires, briefings, consults.
- Have a pulse on the traditional, boutique and emerging analyst community to engage with the right set of analysts for key engagements and relationship building.
- Oversee measurement of the AR program's impact. Provide regular reports to our clients on analyst engagement, coverage and impact.
- Schedule engagements between analysts and clients.
What you've been able to accomplish
- Bachelor’s degree required in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field is preferred, or the equivalent knowledge and/or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10-12+ years of experience in analyst relations at a communication agency or in-house technology company, preferably with experience in the cloud, AI, or productivity/business applications spaces.
- Understanding of key enterprise technologies and how the ecosystem of technologies is transforming the world.
- Deep experience in smoothly and effectively responding to and facilitating the research process.
- Solid track record of leading and executing AR program strategies and building collaborative relationships with analysts, executive spokespeople, product strategy and mark
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Excel)
- High level of analysis and strategic recommendations based on industry knowledge
- High level of initiative; take accountability for role on projects
- Demonstrated creative and strategic mindset
- Has established editor and/or analyst relationships and has proactively placed stories
- Made presentations to groups of all sizes
- Experience developing a team from the ground up
- Client and business environment: Customer service orientation is a must. Job pressure may exist from requirement of handling multiple tasks
- Experience working globally or with colleagues in multiple locations
- Fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc.)
- Strong presentation and consulting skills along with the ability to read, write and speak English
- May need to work more than 40 hours per week on occasion
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.