The primary role of the Account Director is to actively uncover, qualify and close potential business opportunities.
- Develops and maintains key customer relationships
- Oversees proposal development for found opportunities
- Facilitates client interaction
- Acts as a key client interface from contact to contract and during ongoing study progress
- Responsible for leading negotiations in maximizing value through service offering
- Accountable for assembling and leading multiple key Acurian resources within an Account Team responsible for closing and maintaining business
- Coordinates and assembles key Acurian personnel for strategic study development discussions
- Responsible for leading customer strategic account planning activities
- Drives sales and revenue growth within given territory
- Communicates all sales activities to management
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 4-year B.S. degree.
- Minimum of 6 years sales experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mastery of relationship building skills
- Strategic account management experience
- Experience in CRO/Pharmaceutical industry required
- Additional clinical/medical education or experience preferred
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating with Fortune 500 companies for multi-million dollar contracts
- Superior financial and analytical acumen to evaluate study development and financial impact
- Exceptional ability to demonstrate presence in all aspects of demeanor
- Highly motivated individual who is willing to work in a dynamic setting in an aggressive growth company
- Must be willing to work in an environment that must build its foundation from the ground up
- Strong analytical and computer skills with key software (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and contact management software
- Must be detail oriented with high desire to organize and structure tasks.
- Work is performed in an office and/or laboratory and/or clinic environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and clients, frequently travels both domestic and internationally with extended overnight stays.
- Exposure to fluctuating temperatures frequently during travel.
- Frequently stationary and/or moving for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of semi-complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.