The purpose of this role is to offer overall leadership to the assigned account team, ensuring projects are managed to time, resource and budget. In addition, the Account Director is responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities with new and existing clients.
To provide superior service to the business by:
- Developing communication and promotional strategies for the brand/s under your remit.
- Providing excellent leadership and guidance to junior team members.
- Continually building and maintaining strong and effective relationships with the client/s.
- Preparing the yearly business plan in conjunction with more senior member/s of the team.
- Continuous monitoring of progress, analysis and review of results to facilitate change/improvement.
- Taking responsibility and controlling the financial procedures, ensuring all members of the team are fully aware of targets.
- Proactively working to generate additional briefs from existing clients through a full understanding of the client’s business base, needs and SGSCO’s offering.
- Demonstrating insight and understanding of the marketing mix; including ATL, digital, design, experiential, promotional marketing and PR.
- Taking responsibility for quality control within the team ensuring client’s expectations is met or exceeded at all times.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key clients as well as ensuring strong internal comms are maintained at all times.
- Owning the sell-in process of SGSCO’s full offering to the client.
- Managing the recruitment of new staff and overseeing the development of new team members.
- Striving for continual personal development of the team through guidance, assistance and empowerment.
- Being financially responsible to Senior Management for the profitability of the account, including marketing income as well as gross margin.
- Always making sure job bags are maintained properly and billing clients in a timely manner.
- Providing costings for clients when required, managing WIP and being involved in fee negotiations.
- Completing all forecasts when required and preparing and developing the client’s business plan.
- Demonstrating an understanding of SGSCO’s vision and values by regularly presenting credentials and introducing new potential clients to SGSCO’s unique selling points.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Specification & Skills
An individual who has:
- Strong leadership, project management and inspirational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at a senior level
- A commitment to achieving results
- Strategic insight
- A proven track record of working with high profile clients
- Good listening, negotiation and influencing skills
- Great ability to motivate people and promote team building
- Tenacity, passion and drive.
- Strong presentation skills
Internal & External Communications
This person will have frequent contact with:
- Client, to ensure the client is provided with a superior level of service at all times through outstanding account handling preformed within time, resource and budget and also to identify potential new business opportunities as they arise.
- Creative, Planning, Experiential and Digital department, to ensure excellent relationships are maintained between the account team and the creative department.
- Finance, in order to manage the teams adherence to SGSCO’s financial processes and procedures.
- HR, to manage the assigned account team effectively.
Opportunity to develop within the assigned account team and potentially across sgsco through a proven track record of strong account handling skills, continued development of self, together with the desire to take your career to the next level.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
This position requires the following knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or other related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a Sales based capacity.
- Experience in pre-press, packaging or other related industry preferred