Our Account Development Executive create business relationships exclusively in Competitive Accounts in a specific geographical area. Grow new market share through conquest sales, selling the depth and breadth of CDK’s product portfolio. Work in conjunction with all of your channel partners to increase sales opportunities of CDK Strategic Products. Achieve annual assigned sales plan, working under guidance of Director of Sales.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Aggressively acquire new business strengthening and influencing key automotive dealer relationships.
- Create activity by cold-calling into competitive accounts daily
- Identify and define growth opportunities in the market for the business.
- Develop an overall sales plan and forecast sales results for both the short and long term.
- Accountable for generating significant revenue and profit growth utilizing a disciplined and process-oriented approach.
- Set clear, measurable performance goals to achieve assigned sales quota
- Interface and work withinternal teams through the sales and implementation process.
- Responsible to ensure all client information is entered into salesforce.com in a timely manner.
- Understand industry segment and keeps abreast of competitor developments in the market and/or territory.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of CDK products and their functionality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5-7 years in an outside sales business development role
- Experience using consultative solution selling to align client’s business needs with a solution
- Experience growing market share through conquest sales
- Must be able to negotiate and close major sales opportunities with executive level clients.
- Know how to develop and manage a sales territory
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- College degreepreferred
- Experience using a CRM
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Experience in Automotive retail or selling into the automotive vertical preferred
- Challenger mindset
- Overachiever with growth mindset
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Influential, relationship builder
- Keen discovery skills and a desire to challenge prospects to improve their business processes.
- Patience and perseverance; endurance for a long-cycle selling
- Good time management skills
- Initiative and self-starter