The Surgical and Infection Prevention Account Consultant is the account manager and business builder for an assigned number of hospitals and other healthcare facilities in a geographic territory. The ideal candidate for the position will utilize inter-personal skills and product knowledge to build and maintain relationships with key facility staff in assigned markets resulting in gross profit and net sales growth along with achievement of product and category objectives within assigned accounts and markets. The position may lead to either a career in sales management or a higher level individual sales contributor position after demonstrating the appropriate skills and qualifications.
- Account relationship development and business development of all products.
- Primary sales contact in acute care facilities, hospitals, and clinics.
- Work with nurses, purchasing people, and financial people within the hospital setting.
- Work closely with distributors selling our products as well as direct sales.
- Contributing to the development of a strategic plan for the territory and accounts.
- Contract and price negotiations and contract management.
- Tactical implementation of the business and selling activities required to meet objectives
- Sales positioning, analysis, and implementation within the facilities.
- Utilizing all aspects of Halyard’s Performance Management Process to consistently measure progress toward objectives, deliver business results and model global leadership qualities to enhance effectiveness
Surgical and Infection Prevention - surgical drapes/gowns, facemasks, sterilization wrap, patient care, personal protective apparel and exam gloves.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success in medical sales experience.
- Medical device or medical supplies sales experience preferred.
- Operating room sales experience preferred
- Minimum of 7 years working with PC based applications (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proof of successful sales track record
- Tactfully Aggressive
- Comfortable in Hospital Setting
- Travel by car required (clean driving record required)
- 5 years of Medical Supplies Sales Experience Preferred
- Proof of a successful track record
- Prefer candidate to be in the Top 10% of Sales Force
- Hospital Sales Experience Preferred
Halyard provides the following:
Salary plus commission