Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH) is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries.
The Respiratory Health Account Consultant is responsible for the positioning and selling of Halyard Respiratory Health related products and solutions within both Acute Care and Alternate Care facilities/departments. This includes the technical (features, functions, benefits) sales aspects, and the conceptual sales aspects, and validation of the product cost/value proposition for Halyard.
The ideal candidate for the Medical Device Account Consultant will utilize personal skills and product knowledge to build and maintain relationships with key facility staff in assigned markets. Building relationships and satisfying customers will result in profit and net sales growth and achievement of product and category objectives within assigned accounts and markets. The Account Consultant position may lead to either a career in sales management or a higher level individual sales contributor position after demonstrating the appropriate skills and qualifications.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with key respiratory therapists, nurses, physicians, clinicians, department decision makers and/or administrators (multiple decision makers and influencers) within assigned accounts or markets.
• Developing and maintaining expertise across a range of products and product platforms
• Effectively deal with geographic dispersal of assigned facilities
• Contract and price negotiations and contract management.
• Effective utilization of resources necessary to meet objectives
• Tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve business objectives
• Actively participating with Regional Manager in the strategic and tactical planning process
• Sales positioning, analysis, and in-service implementation of product categories (to include creating business value selling skills)
• Tactical implementation of the business and selling activities required to meet objectives
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 3 or more years of sales experience with Respiratory products and related disease states.
• Solid knowledge of PC based applications (Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
• Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of continued personal and professional growth and development
• Proof of a successful track record
• Tactfully Aggressive
• Comfortable in Hospital Setting
• Travel by car required
Halyard provides the following:
Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, 401K
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Halyard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.