DXC Technology has an immediate need in our U.S. Public Sector group for a Account Chief Technologist - Military Heath / DHA in Herndon, VA.
Provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project
teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the
creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’
business needs and, consequently, for understanding customers’ businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships to
ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading edge
technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to
DXC’s solutions portfolio by providing information ranging from technical
knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer
projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the
organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and
significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new
business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues
and is regarded as a digital health subject matter expert. Frequently
contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project
teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert
providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing
policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving
objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
• Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design
solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager.
• Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise
solutions, tailored for federal government healthcare customers.
• Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise
technology solutions, in areas of digital health, mobility, cybersecurity, and
cloud-based applications and platforms.
• Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific
technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to
high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
• Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: digital health, mobile and web applications, cybersecurity, or cloud-based platforms.
• Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design and architecture, system management, tuning and
modification of solutions.
• Provides input to the company strategy moving forward.
• Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in
determining customer needs and requirements.
• Responds to requests for technical information from customers.
• Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products
and technologies, in areas of digital health, mobility, cybersecurity,
cloud-based applications and platforms.
• Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often
needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
• Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team,
practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and
re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
• Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to
professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly
produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service
delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer
• Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into
the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller
engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows the company portfolio
with existing customers through new opportunities and change management
Education and Experience
• 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or
equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a
degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11+ years
in total). Knowledge and Skills
• Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and
scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies, especially areas
of digital health (including HL7, CCD/CCDA, FHIR) , mobility, cybersecurity (e.g. NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-88, FIPS 140-2, etc.), cloud-based applications and platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Micrososft Azure).
• Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings.
• Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple
• Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance,
maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise.
• Has contributed to the design and application of new tools.
• Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new and prototype
solutions to take to market.
• Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s IT environment, such as the
Military Health System.
• Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals
or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
• Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
• Ability to work in a multi- technology environment with the ability to
diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to
troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summarize prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style
appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
• Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an
industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining
depth in core focus area.
• Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of the company sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates.
• Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
• Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to
properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of
technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
• Able to independently complete solution implementation or application
• Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more
solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.