Account Area Representative
The Account Representative position will focus on developing long-term relationships within the portfolio of assigned customers/prospects, and building relationships with key business executives and stakeholders within each customer. W ill be responsible for increasing the portfolio footprint, market share and customer satisfaction within his/her assigned account base and achieving quarterly & annual quota targets. Additionally, the position will require the ability to analyze operations, organizational challenges, and connect those needs with Omnicell solutions and services. This role will work closely with other sales team members, as well as Clinical Consultants and internal support resources. Normal interactions will be with C-level executives and Directors at current and potential customers to ensure the highest levels of growth and customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the industry drivers and trends that are impacting our customers and driving their business
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling new products across Omnicell, selling add-on and replacement solutions, and lay the foundation for customer success.
- Meets assigned goals for quota attainment, account strategy development, revenue retention and growth and reference ability in assigned accounts
- Develop account specific business plans, execute against them and provide routine business updates.
- Proactively lead a collaborative strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, implementation targets, and critical milestones with customers
- Conduct presentations, demonstrations, and corporate site visits.
- Act as both the internal and external customer liaison, serving as the customer sponsor, including monitoring and supporting all activity through the appropriate part of our organization and escalating customer issues quickly if problems are not being addressed sufficiently
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior level executives at assigned accounts to identify opportunities, develop alliances and ensure customer needs are met.
- Raise awareness of Omnicell solutions and effectively communicating Omnicell business strategy and value propositions within the customer at multiple levels throughout the organization.
- Present educational information and contract proposals to assigned accounts.
- Execute the company KPIs to build strong pipeline and customer satisfaction.
- Negotiate and execute contract strategies as needed.
- Work with internal teams (Sales Support, Marketing, Operations, IT, Finance, Technical Support) to assist in understanding and meeting customer requirements. Provide direction and coordinate activities to support customer needs. Research, develop and communicate corrective actions needed to resolve problems. Set appropriate expectations with internal teams. Negotiate timelines and ensure that all deadlines are achieved.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience with acute care hospitals and health systems
- Proven ability to develop account level strategic and tactical plans, successfully executing against measurable metrics.
- Proven high level of financial acumen and negotiations skills.
- Proven success in generating and negotiating hospital contracts.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a focus on influence, impact and leading without formal lines of authority.
- Willingness to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years in a Healthcare Sales Environment or successful completion of Omnicell’s Field Development certification program.
- Complex Sales Process Knowledge (Miller Heiman, Challenger)
- Knowledge of relevant products / services / solution offering categories in a technology company preferred
- Strong negotiation, conflict management & customer service experience; experience with being the Issue Resolution Liaison for the customer
- Excellent Communicator both verbally and written