ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate the development process of product lines as assigned.
- Creates the specifications for the products, publishes and maintains all records, style files and samples/submits associated with the product and related programs.
- Responsible for the development of all samples from Fit samples through sales samples to production ready status.
- Manage the material developments through development, testing & commercialization.
- Experienced in color data & reviewing/approving lab dips.
- Communicates all development status details to the Product Managers and apparel team.
- Keeps a running Development Status report to be distributed at weekly meeting.
- Works with Product Managers to set Calendar approval deadlines for all development.
- Coordinates the building and distribution of Tech packs.
- Communicates all development details on a daily basis with factories.
- Books materials needed for salesman sample production.
- Develops products that meet or exceed re-determined gross margin targets.
- Schedules ship dates on orders based on lead times and factory capacity.
- Monitors the Status of sample creation with weekly WIP reports from factories.
- Works with fabric and trim suppliers to insure timely developments and approvals of fabrics and trims.
- Ensures both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities (fabric and trims have been wash tested and wear tested).
- Involved with the costing during proto state.
- Interacts/communicates daily with Product Director, Product Manager, Marketing, Design, Sales, and Quality Assurance to distribute product technical details and assures the accuracy, legality, and integrity of all product performance claims.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor related to your position/department
- Travel throughout the domestic United States and Internationally.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Interacts with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The following are the minimum qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Associate Development
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Embraces Change
- Honesty and Integrity
- Results Oriented
- Solutions Oriented
- Strategic Agility
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Apparel &/or Accessories/Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, Engineering, IndustrialEngineering or a related field.
- 3 to 5 years apparel, accessories or textile experience.
- Knowledge of PC applications. Adobe Illustration
- Advanced knowledge of apparel construction, material construction and properties, costing, pattern making, embroidery and screen – printing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations.
- SAPexperience a plus
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint),