At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As an Access Optimization Manager, in either Wilmington, DE or Field Based, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Cardiovascular Metabolic Disease (CVMD) products are covered by hundreds of Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBMs) and thousands of health plans. The commercial coverage is supplemented by several affordability programs. For the Healthcare Provider (HCP), it can be confusing to understand how access and affordability relate to their practice. In some cases, changing access and affordability can create new opportunities for HCPs, but due the complexity they might not realize it. This role is responsible for identifying national opportunities and supporting the promotional efforts to realize incremental product sales as it relates to access opportunities.
In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity partner with Commercial Operations, Insight and Market Access to identify national access opportunities and corresponding HCP targets, and develop compelling promotional messages and assets that support the overall HCP brand communication strategy and realize the access opportunity. This includes agency management and budget management. You will be responsible for providing insightful communications to the CVMD field sales Executive Business Directors (EBDs), Commercial Business Directors (CBDs) and Sales Training on access and affordability opportunities and supporting resources. This may include developmental resources to field sales on managed care and affordability programs. You’ll partner with HCP and Consumer marketing to integrate messages into non-personal promotion assets and media, as well as partnering with Insight to set payer goal, track performance and communicate insights with Market Access, Marketing and Sales leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 10 years in pharmaceutical market/sales experience
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence, lead, and inspire a team of cross-functional partners by articulating clear patient- focused vision and objectives, communicating clear expectations, and holding key stakeholders accountable without direct authority
- Experience in developing promotional programs
- Ability to gauge the feasibility, impact and risks of proposed access opportunities
- Ability to monitor and extrapolate key trends in the US market and their relevance to brand/therapeutic area, and to engage in shaping access opportunities
- Comprehensive understanding and comfort operating in a highly-regulated environment and industry
- Comprehensive understanding of pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Extensive knowledge of Managed Markets
- Account Director experience
- Prior marketing experience
- Demonstrated successful sales leadership experience
- In depth understanding of local healthcare system pricing and reimbursement