NVIDIA is seeking a manager to grow and lead a team of engineers driving the successful implementation of GPU accelerated Spark applications. Data scientists spend a considerable amount of time exploring data and iterating over machine learning (ML) experiments. Every hour of compute required to sort through datasets, extract features and fit ML algorithms impedes an efficient business workflow. Nvidia believes that data science workflows can benefit tremendously from being accelerated, to enable data scientists to explore many more and larger datasets to drive towards their business goals, faster and more efficiently.
At NVIDIA, we are passionate about working on hard problems that have an impact. You will need to have previous experience working with Spark applications, implementing big data applications for a variety of customers, programming skills, and familiarity with open source big data processing frameworks. You should have experience leading a team of engineers, handling customer concerns and working with interdisciplinary teams. You will work with an engineering team accelerating Spark with GPUs using CUDA and open source libraries. This is an opportunity to work with a team that is developing the Spark RAPIDS open source library to accelerate operations in Spark ETL which as a strategic investment for NVIDIA to help integrate cloud service provider and Apache Spark distributions.What you'll be doing:
What we need to see:
- Work with select customers and partners to make their Spark deployments successful. You will help them to build their GPU enabled accelerated compute clouds and get the most out of their investment
- Develop sample applications for accelerated data analytics and AI within different industry verticals. Establish standards for accelerated Apache Spark.
- Create tools to profile data processing workloads to find opportunities for acceleration and cost savings.
- Work with top cloud service providers and Spark vendors globally
- Train and support solution architects and technical marketing team members to enable them to work with Spark
- Hire a distributed team to support business growth. Lead remote and distributed teams, interact with local business units
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Hands on experience with Apache Spark
- Familiarity with the modern big data open source ecosystem (Apache Hadoop, Flink, Presto, Hive, etc)
- Experience working on public and private cloud platforms
- Strong background in supporting enterprise customers
- Prior experience recruiting, managing and developing a team
- Knowledge of SQL, Python and Scala.
- Good at communicating, presenting and explaining technical topics
- 10+ years of software experience with 5+ years of management experience.
- BS/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
- End to end data processing, including data preparation, machine learning and deep learning applications.
- Experience with TensorFlow, PyTorch, Horovod, XGBoost
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. Are you creative and autonomous? Do you love a challenge? If so, contact us!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.