As an Academy System Engineer, you support the backbone through which all of Cerner technology runs. You are a big thinker who isn’t afraid of complexity and wants to design, install, implement and support technologyinfrastructures capable of managing and protecting health and financial information from around the world.
You’re creative, inquisitive and motivated as you consult with internal and external teams to analyze requirements, design information flow and implement processes. You may also help design and implement data interfaces and install non-Cerner systems, and could have the opportunity to travel to client sites. Your end goal is a system built for optimal performance, recoverability and availability.
When hired into the Tech Academy, you reap big benefits. During training, you will gain insights into Cerner’s support methodology and will begin real project work immediately. You’ll work alongside the experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term, meaningful career with Cerner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Work experience or academic coursework in operating system and databasetechnologies (Linux, Unix, Windows, SQL, etc.)
- U.S. work authorization required
- Relocation to the Kansas City metropolitan area
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned