As an Academy Software Engineer, you will create industry-leading technology that impacts patient care and/or Cerner business around the globe.
You will understand user needs, provide input to design, develop applications, write automated tests, and troubleshoot issues across Cerner's technology solutions.
The work is dynamic. You may be developing tools that reduce medical errors, better manage disease, save lives and reduce wasteful spending.
Or you may work alongside Cerner business teams to develop ways to improve efficiency and productivity. We are looking for dedicated individuals with experience in a variety of languages and platforms.
When hired into DevAcademy, you reap big benefits. During training, you will gain insights into Cerner’s engineering methodology and will begin real project work immediately.
You’ll work alongside the experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term, meaningful career with Cerner.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering with a minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- Non-academic work experience, developing code using object-oriented languages within the last 12 months
- Experience as a leader or active member with consistent attendance and involvement in a technical club or association
- Relocation to the Kansas City metropolitan area
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.