Not Specified years
Posted 178 days ago
Baystate Children’s Hospital, housed within Baystate Medical Center, is the leading provider of general and specialty pediatric services in western Massachusetts, providing advancedmedical care to babies, children, and adolescents in an environment that focuses exclusively on the needs of children and families. The 110-bed facility provides complete critical care programs, including the region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care Units, as well as pediatric inpatient services, child life specialists, a designated emergency room just for kids, and outpatient specialty services.
Baystate Children’s Hospital is seeking an Academic Neonatologist to join our team of 7 Neonatologists, 3 Neonatal Hospitalists and 11 neonatal APPs.
• Our 55-bed NICU admits over 850 infants per year and represents the only Level III nursery in western Massachusetts.
• Position offers a combination of clinical care and resident and medical student teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts School of Medicine-Baystate.
• The division has access to all pediatric subspecialties, full pediatric surgery support, total body hypothermia, high-frequency ventilation (HFOV and Jet), iNO, and an in-house regional transport service
• Teaching of Pediatric and Med-Peds residents and students from UMass-Baystate and Tufts
• Faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts School Of Medicine - Baystate.
• Active areas of research: nutrition, neonatal abstinence, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, clinical trials, and quality improvement. Candidates with complimentary or unique clinical/translational research interests are encouraged to apply.
The Pioneer Valley is a thriving area located in western Massachusetts and provides extensive access to urban, suburban and rural amenities. Anchored by the city of Springfield, our region boasts a myriad of opportunities for recreation, music, education and art enthusiasts. When you live and work in the Pioneer Valley, you will enjoy picturesque four-season living, excellent schools and year-round social and cultural events. In fact, Massachusetts was once again ranked #1 in Education nationally by U.S. News and World Report.
Baystate Health is western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School - Baystate. The cornerstone of our organization is Baystate Medical Center, a 716-bed tertiary care hospital which boasts the state’s single busiest emergency department and the region’s only Level-I trauma center. With 4 community hospitals, Baystate Children’s Hospital and Baystate Primary Care Medical Practices, we offer an amazing, diverse culture that provides outstanding opportunities for physicians and advanced practice providers to start or advance their career.