United Health Services Hospitals (UHSH) is seeking an Associate Program Director of our Internal Medicine Residency program. In conjunction with the Director, this position will include the development and implementation of graduate, undergraduate and continuing medical education in the Department of Medicine. The position will be 50% clinic OR hospital based and 50% administration/teaching.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute an Internal Medicine residency curriculum;
- Assist faculty w/development of rotation goals and objectives.
- Review and evaluate anticipated educational needs of residents;
- Plan, schedule and execute conferences of Internal Medicine faculty development and resident/faculty education;
- Evaluate residency program to ensure it meets or exceeds educational objectives;
- Develop competency-based evaluations for residents and attendings;
- Recruit and participates in the selection of residents;
- Evaluates and counsels residents;
- Supervise, educate, mentor and evaluate IM residents in all settings.
At least three years as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited Internal Medicine Residency Program with commensurate Graduate Medical Education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Physician candidate may be either M.D. or D.O., Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the ABMS. Preferred candidate will be an innovative physician leader with outstanding interpersonal, clinical, teaching, and leadership skills. Physician must secure medical license in New York State and hospital credentials/privileges.
Req # 29012