Team leadership and culture
- Hire, mentor and lead full-time and adjunct faculty members in compliance with professional standards committee policies and guidelines.
- Exhibit outstanding and transparent communication with department faculty. Lead, communicate and create a positive, inclusive and collaborative department culture.
- Build coalitions and trust across departments and the College.
- Assist in mediating and resolving conflict to maintain a positive and collaborative culture.
- Nurture positive relationships with the office of online learning and support course development processes.
- Prioritize and organize work and workload to meet deadlines.
- Respond promptly to internal and external requests and communication.
- Function at an executive level, identifying overall project timelines, steps needed to deliver on project goals, and an overall operational plan to deliver results.
- Foster a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Embrace and advance Walsh’s mission.
Minimum Requirements & Attributes
- An earned terminal degree in one of the cognate areas (management, marketing, communication) or closely related field/discipline is strongly preferred. Doctoral degree candidates with substantial progress may be considered with degree completion as a requirement of continued employment.
- Must possess at least 18 graduate credits in teaching field or subfield.
- Minimum of five years’ professional work experience in discipline, holding at least one position at the managerial level or as a professional consultant.
- College level teaching experience required. Full-time teaching strongly preferred.
- Ability to teach and engage all learners who possess professional experience.
- Knowledge of current technology used in discipline required.
- Superior written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and to plan and organize workflow to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collegially with multiple constituencies in a dynamic academic environment.
- Possess a positive and collaborative demeanor, a growth mindset, and an internal locus of control.
- Ability to take ownership of decisions, situations and problems and focusing on results and solutions.
- Exhibits an executive presence and communication style to represent Walsh with various constituents.
- Willingness and capability to teach online and evening courses is required.