Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
The Associate Brand Manager II is part of a brand building team charged with delivering growth against one of the company's major growth pillars. He/she is a builder, an individual who has the passion and the dedication to grow their business and team through innovative thinking, collaboration, and hard work. He/she takes a holistic approach to marketing, developing amazing products, competitive pricing strategies, new channels of distribution, and compelling marketing campaigns. He/she partners with multiple stakeholders from within the Marketing Department and outside the Marketing Department including Field Sales, Finance, Demand & Production Planning, Operations, and R&D. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the implementation and evolution of our growth pillars over time.
- Assists manager in the creation and execution of both short-term and medium-term brand strategies.
- Planning & Execution
- Support development and implementation of the annual business plan. Deliver both short and long term sales, share, and investment results.
- Support development of the annual integrated marketing plans and lead execution of key elements of those plans.
- Analyze business results and competitive performance, develop and make recommendations to ensure volume and profit targets are met.
- Leverage research (historical, secondary) and insights (consumer and supplier research, trends, Channel intelligence) to identify growth opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional teams to bring initiatives to market which amplify the growth potential in our brands and multi-year growth pillars.
- Partners with manager to influence all P&L line items for the brand, evaluating alternate marketing plans, product/portfolio strategies, pricing/trade promotion plans, and distribution/channels strategies in order to meet financial hurdles and deliver optimum enterprise value.
- Manages marketing budget for the brand, spending to ensure spending is within budget and properly allocated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors' Degree in Business or related field. MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years' experience in Marketing; 2 years' experience post business school.
- Builds the Future:
- A love of food and the role it plays to nourish and enrich our lives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to take initiative and drive results in a fluid environment.
- Builds the Business:
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable recommendations.
- Asserts own ideas and persuades or negotiates with others to gain support or acceptance.
- Persists despite set-backs and works to gain acceptance for ideas.
- Can partner successfully within teams and cross-functionally to get things accomplished.
- Creates opportunity through resourcefulness and strong bias for action.
- Combines a disciplined and fact based approach with consumer insight and intuition.
- Builds Teams:
- Builds Trusts:
- Acts with high degree of ownership and personal accountability.
- Uses clear and concise verbal and written communication, translating detailed and complex information into concise business stories.
- Consistently delivers results despite obstacles.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business results.
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience implementing across a range of marketing initiatives such as consumer promotion plans, new product development, packaging design, etc.
- Ability to deliver actionable category and competitive insights from syndicated data sources such as Nielsen or IRI and other sources.
At Del Monte Foods, we are driven by and committed to our mission: Nourishing Families. Enriching Lives. Every Day.
Del Monte Foods, Inc. (DMFI) is a multi-national food company headquartered in beautiful Walnut Creek, CA, with annual sales of approximately $2 billion. With a powerful portfolio of brands, including iconic Del Monte®, Contadina® and College Inn®, our premium-quality meal ingredients, snacks and beverages can be found in six out of ten U.S. households.
In 2014, DMFI was purchased by Del Monte Pacific, a Philippines-based global food company with a proven commitment to long-term investment and growth. This acquisition was a critical component in their global expansion strategy, providing an opportunity to enter the large and highly dynamic U.S. market.
For Del Monte Foods, Inc., this provides fresh focus on our foods businesses. With the passionate support of our new parent company, we are embarking on an exciting, transformational journey that is actively driving sustainable growth through the revitalization of core businesses and the creation of new innovation pathways in current and new categories.
Del Monte is investing in an extensive search for the next generation of enterprise leaders -- leaders who will drive brand evolution with a growth-oriented mindset, and who are excited by the opportunity to actively participate in the creation of the new Del Monte Foods.
We are looking for individuals who:
- enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where flexible, intuitive problem-solving skills and a results-driven orientation are critical to success
- want to make a tangible difference in a flat organization that gives access and exposure to senior management
- seek the benefits of a small "big" company -- the ability to work with a fast-moving, entrepreneurial approach in an organization with the investment, professional experience and consumer insights of much larger consumer foods organizations.
Del Monte invests in our people by:
- providing a healthy work/life balance which is encouraged and supported.
- promoting and preserving a workplace environment rich in diversity -- one in which individual differences are not simply tolerated or accepted, but truly appreciated.
- offering competitive salaries, a comprehensive Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k). We also offer a Lifestyle Award, one Volunteer Day per year, and summer/winter hours.
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.