Under general direction, this role will be required to analyze highly complex business problems to be solved with technical solutions. It will provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meets business objectives. This role is the technical development for most SAP initiatives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide technical leadership in the design, development, implementation and support of SAP large size solutions in a highly complex technical environment involving multiple technologies.
• As a member of development team: mentor, lead, design and develop solutions to meet the most complex business and/or technical requirements in the related areas such as MM, SD, FI, CO, QM, APO, SRM -possibly even SAPNetweaver Gateway and PI.
• Provide technical leadership for all phases of the project and development life cycle including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and post-production support/maintenance.
• Lead the creation and enforcement of development standards and best practices to deliver stable, reliable, high-performing, accurate, user-friendly, low-maintenance solutions that are highly available and scalable.
• Lead the development of technical designs and architectures for development projects.
• Demonstrate effective and collaborative communication with internal team members and all functional team members and business partners.
• Define project tasks and coordinate completion to ensure estimates are available and accurate.
• Create procedures to research and debug potential performance or other system anomalies for IT team members. (i.e. demonstrate superior problem resolution).
• Develop and maintain infrastructure to support technical documentation including: unit, integration, and acceptance test plans, support documentation, end user documentation for delivered solutions and other tasks.
• Communicate status of projects and initiatives to middle and senior level management.
• Mentor/develop/motivate technical and analytical staff. (nice to have)
• Manage multiple projects/reporting solutions for multiple business areas and review/resolve resource constraints or environmental change impacts.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Able to perform highly complex tasks independently - even in unknown technical territory- , handle multiple tasks, and provide leadership.
• Able to handle complex analytical tasks by working directly with business analysts to translate functional design into technical specifications.
• Able to grasp requirements quickly and anticipate potential future requirements. Capable of offering alternate viable solutions.
• Expert Level proficiency, in SAP programming.
• Possesses expert in depth technical development skills across many functional and technological areas and provide context to business requirements.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written including ability to conduct formal and informal presentations and workshops to all levels of management and all members of the IT organization.
• Ability to recognize and minimize design dependencies between projects. Expert working knowledge and problem solving skills related to SAP R/3, ABAP or interface technologies and all other used application tools. Able to mentor others. Able to quickly develop complex programs, and business solutions.
• Able to architect and develop sound, high performance technical solutions that meet industry best practices and provide support.
• Demonstrate superior conceptual reasoning and discretionary judgment.
• Expert knowledge of working within an SDLC process and ability to develop and manage complex project plans for development involving dependencies with other departments.
• Expert project management skills, including ability to use influence, persuasion, and mediation to resolve issues and drive consensus.
• As part of SAP development team, expert knowledge of ABAP/4 report/ALV, Dialog programming, form development (SAPScript & Smartform), data dictionary objects, performance tuning, debugging skills and knowledge of data migration and extraction tools. Development experience in ABAP Objects as well as the capabilities of the WebApplication server technologies such as WebDynpro, Web Services, XML interfaces web services. Expert level knowledge in more than two non-standard development technologies such as SAPConsole, EDI/PI middleware development, WebDynpro, Label Printing, XML processing, Workflow, ODATA etc.
• Experience with SAPUI5, Fiori Development and ODATA service creation out of SAP is preferred
• Development experience on S/4 is preferred ideally with some background in SAP’s apparel solutions (S/4 Fashion, SAP AFS or SAP FMS)
• Superior ability to trace complex issues and provide in depth technical detail to SAP OSS or other software suppliers in troubleshooting and resolving complex issues that causing outages.
• Excellent working knowledge of upgrade processes and all aspects of system testing.
• Expert knowledge of SAP technical landscape, configuration and cross integration on at least two major modules of SAP.
• Able to define project tasks independently and project manage definition of brand new entities and develop a project plan that represents cross functional detailed tasks at multiple company levels.
• Able to work extended or non-standard hours to support business needs and project deadlines as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area, or equivalent additional work experience required.
• Minimum 6 years SAP R3 or APO implementation experience in a team environment.
• Courses or certificates in SAP R3, SRM, APO, PI or SAPUI5 solutions preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer