The ABAP Developer works directly with the SAP COE team business to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and align technology solutions with business strategies. This role plans, designs, develops, and launches efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposes projects and systems requirements, develops / delivers the solution, and possesses an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
- Develops innovations and solutions; develops and tests code based on technical requirements and best practices.
- Understands technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
- Provides day-to-day problem resolution and support for SAP systems and users.
- Creates system design proposals and participates in buy versus build decisions.
- Prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in SAP-related applications across the organization.
- Documents the global process template in the existing SAP environment; maintains data standards necessary to facilitate SAP enabled process effectiveness.
- Troubleshoots system failures and implements remedial actions.
- Responsible for adhering to IT Applications change management processes, including tracking and confirming changes throughout the landscape.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
- 6+ years progressive business systems experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Working knowledge of SAP ECC 6.0, S/4 HANA, Fiori
- Ariba CIG experience
- SAP Smart Forms & Adobe Interactive Forms
- SAP PIPO Proxy experience
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.