Collins has a Matrix organization with multiple product development programs being progressed in parallel. The Program Technical Office is the customer facing group, which synthesizes the customer's engineering needs. Thereafter, the PTO works with internal support organizations and functional engineering groups to develop desired product designs/improvements.
A350 PTO Staff Project Engineer shall be responsible for coordinating with the different functional teams to identify, plan and execute engineering changes relating to product improvements, producibility, and cost/weight reduction activities.
- Development and execution of robust MS project plans of all technical deliverables
- Coordinate Technical Design Reviews with Multi-stakeholder Teams
- Coordinate the detailed design engineering releases
- Coordinate Nacelle level analysis technical deliverables
- Oversee resolution of major in-service issues
- Assist in metrics management and visual controls to ensure timely completion of analysis/design
- Mentor and support other junior engineers on Project/PMO functions
- Create and track SOWs for change packages
Staff Project Engineer will interface with external customers (Airbus) and internal customers to status progress to the above project plans.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering
- Strong communication and integration skills
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Aerospace engineering design and analysis review/release process.
- Strong Project management skills using MS Office/MS Project/EVMS
- Ability to influence, motivate and co-ordinate with diverse global teams/customers
- Identification of risks early on and ability to manage/mitigate those risks
- PMP certification
- EVMS experience