At Crestron Electronics, Inc., we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally. Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Linked In and many others. We are the leaders in the most exciting and opportunistic industry in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
We continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities, as a result, we have exciting opportunities for an Advanced Technical Support Engineer to join our ATSG team in Rockleigh, NJ 07647.
- Handle escalated Technical Support cases
- Provide remote assistance and on-site support to Crestron’s dealers and customers while working to resolve technical issues that are not able to be efficiently resolved through typical phone support channels.
- Stage dealer projects and programs in the process of reproducing and resolving the reported issues within the ATSG Lab.
- Management of ATSG Lab and Staging
- Review project designs and programming to ensure they conform to best practices
- Remotely gather logs, packet captures, and any other data necessary to effectively understand and ultimately resolve customer concerns.
- Provide Handoffs to on-site engineers if an on-site visit is required.
- Provide detailed case notes, and documentation to Crestron Engineering
- Maintain a high-level of professional communication with our dealers and clients throughout the processes of resolving their technical issues.
- Clearly define and communicate how the customers concerns will be addressed and effectively manage expectations.
- Facilitate formal customer communication:
*Provide status updates
*Prepare project trip reports
- Identify the need for resources, and subsequently take on team management responsibilities in relation to the resources available to resolve each case
- Proactively identify potential conflicts and delays, and work to manage and mitigate project risks.
- Liaison with sustaining engineers and product line Technical Managers as required to resolve customer concerns.
- Clearly documents all case work through the case tracking system
- Provide regular updates on the status of assigned cases to management.
- Ensure all customers receive world-class support.
- Travel of 10-20% in edge cases. May include occasional travel to Canada and otherinternational destinations.
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelors in EE or CS degreepreferred, not required or a background in event or live staging with automation. Crestron programming certification or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- DMC-E credited engineer with experience designing, installing, and commissioning large scale distributed digital video technologies is highly desirable.
- Broad understanding of Ethernetnetworking technologies and protocols as they pertain to residential and commercial AV systems integration. CCNA or similar networking certification is highly desirable.
- Self-starter with proven ability to constantly learn new software and hardware technologies and an ability to quickly put that learning into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects.
- Demonstrable experienced with several of the following: C#, Microsoft PowerShell, BacNET/IP, and SIP/VOIP preferred.
- Experience with Crestron’s proprietary software development tools, including Simpl Windows, Simpl+, Simpl#, D3Pro, Crestron Studio.
- Familiarity with Unified Collaboration, Video Conferencing, Conference and Board Room presentation systems. Proficiency with, and knowledge of, streaming video protocols and technologies including H.264/H.265, Multicast and Unicast RTSP. Experience with industry leading audio DSPs as applied to AV systems integration.
- Experience with integrating residential and commercial technologies including, Lighting, HVAC, Distributed Audio/Video, Security and Surveillance Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. This is a customer facing position and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate clearly and effectively while remaining focused on exceeding customer expectations.
Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship