Alvarez & Marsal Corporate Performance Improvement (A&M-CPI) is a consulting firm built on relationships, data, and rapid action. Our lean, dynamic and entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry.
A&M is a firm that values results-oriented leadership and strong people skills. We put a premium on world-class people and experience, with a bias to action and delivery of value. Additionally, we provide opportunities to increase responsibility and always support employees in professional development. An A&M career provides access to clients, emphasizing entrepreneurship and minimizing hierarchy and bureaucracy. Collaboration, a real passion for our culture and accepting an environment where everyone is valued are core components of our culture. We support our employees in striving for a healthy balance in life and work.
We are looking for driven candidates in San Francisco with bias toward action and track record of delivering significant results. You should have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, teaming ability, communication skills and work well under pressure. Our small project teams give you frequent exposure to client executives and rapid growth in your areas of interest.
As a Consultant, you will:
- Work on projects across a wide range of industries and functional areas
- Tackle evolving, ambiguous and dynamic roles that challenge you to solve complex problems to enhance business performance and build enduring value for your clients
- Contribute to the completion of deliverables for clients, and independently perform tasks with some guidance to deliver on a portion of the project scope
- Work closely with senior leaders, who are former C-suite executives and thought leaders with a personal interest in your development
What we look for
You will have:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in finance/accounting, business technology, supply chain, or consulting
- A willingness to travel for project work - up to 90% of time depending on account and project
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Problem solving and process improvement skills
- Experience in data analysis, with some modeling experiencepreferred
- Proven leadership ability and a desire to mentor junior staff