Salt Lake City, UT
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
8 - 10 years
Posted 155 days agoby Heather DuVall
Our client is a global engineering services firm that specializes in designing the next generation of urban infrastructure. Their extensive project portfolio is packed with state-of-the-art airports, mass transit systems, landmark urban architecture, roadways, urban landscaping, universities, water management systems, and more. They are hiring an A&E Practice Lead to direct the Architecture & Engineering program as they continue to build the world's most elegant and functional architecture.
The A&E Practice Lead acts as the high-level point of contact for project delivery teams. They manage and coach architects, engineers, and other team members to deliver a range of A&E projects. They also provide strategic direction and high-level business development.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus annual performance bonuses.
- Benefits package includes medical/dental/vision, 401(K) match, and life/disability insurance.
- Team of direct reports includes Sr. Associate Managers and other managers.
- Outstanding company culture with high average employee tenure.
- Experienced management team with a combined 18 decades of engineering experience.
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of project types and scopes.
- Consistently wins bids for well-known landmark projects.
- Unrivalled industry reputation for delivering excellent results on time, at or under budget.
- Highly funded with large pool of financial resources for A&E and business development teams.
- Company commitment to staying ahead of the technology curve with software and tools.
- Employee culture of over-performance and high quality standards.
- Advancement opportunities: tuition reimbursement, skills training, and more.
- Grow client relationship for urban mixed-use development projects, especially within hospitality, high-rises, office use, commercial, and residential buildings.
- Make sales presentations to high-profile clients and deliver key proposals.
- Manage the overall direction of the company's A&E projects. Provide high-level expertise for projects within the public sector, commercial, military, and urban infrastructure.
- Assist teams in project management activities, with sign-off approval on major budgets, scope, and deliverables.
- Coach a small team of direct reports, consisting of project managers and design team leads.
- Advise business development team on market strategy and potential new clients.
- 9+ years of experience in A&E, including business development experience.
- Advanced skills in managing teams and multiple large projects at once.
- Strong understanding of architecture and engineering design principles and industry best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of urban mixed-use projects.
- Proficiency with civil engineering design and project management software.
- PMP, PE, or other industry certifications are a plus.
- Degree in a related field.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.