The 787 Fleet Support Engineer is required to assist airline customers in the resolution of in-service technical problems and issues related to 787
e-Enabling; Central Maintenance Computing Function (CMCF), Airplane Condition Monitoring Function (ACMF) and Continuous Parameter Logging (CPL), On-Board Data Load Function (ODLF), Core Network, File Service Module, Onboard Boeing Electronic Distribution of Software (OBEDS), Electronic Flight Bag (EFB), Network Security, Terminal Wireless LAN Unit (TWLU), Terminal Cellular Unit (TCU), and Crew Wireless LAN Unit (CWLU). The initial job priorities will include monitoring potential in-service risks and issues, and managing appropriate mitigation plans to assure a successful entry into service. Additional activities include verification of all related Commercial Aviation Services (CAS) Customer Support products, including Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) and Fault Isolation Manual (FIM), as well as develop and update Fleet Team Digest (FTD) articles, Service Letters (SL) and Maintenance Tips (MT).
The job requires application of engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues reported by 787 airline customers and
in determining interim and final engineering solutions. Respond to airline questions and reported problems through internal and external communication. Assess eventreports for potential safety issues. Troubleshoot airplane problems using airline provided information, on-line engineering data, partner and supplier data, maintenance publications, and other resources. Develop and manage projects to resolve in-service issues. Develop presentation materials and present information on in-service issues to various review boards, management meetings, and airline forums, as well as participating in support teams and Technical Assistance onsite at the airline location as required.
Qualified individuals should have varied experience in engineering and, preferably with some expertise in service engineering, field service,
maintenance engineering, and/or customer/logistics support. Familiarity and knowledge of the 787 Avionics, e-Enabling, and Electrical Systems
is highly desired. Experience with My Boeing Fleet, 787 Maintenance Performance Toolbox, Airplane Health Management, and responding to
Service Requests via the Boeing Communication System is also desired. Applicants must have project management skills, excellent written and
verbal communication skills, team leadership ability, and the ability to develop effective solutions in a demanding environment while keeping a
positive attitude. Also required are excellent time management and prioritizing skills and the ability to work closely with a diverse community including design engineering, airline customers, partners and suppliers, manufacturing personnel, pilots and flight operations. In addition, applicants must have the ability to quickly learn computing applications including PC based applications, mainframe, and specific computing tools.
The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and important airline meetings off-hours and may require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
- Assesses and resolves e-Enabling functional operation issues through the product lifecycle.
- Researches e-Enabling technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Leads designs of and/or provides analysis of interim and final ae-Enabling solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Leads and directs cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformances.
- Assesses complex system eventreports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements e-Enabling product/process improvements.
- Oversees documentation of hardware related problems. Identifies the need for technical training.
- Leads activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Participates in accident investigation support teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Coordinates work to analyze and translate e-Enabling requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface
- Works with customers to develop and document and avionics and electrical system requirements on complex multi-tiered projects.
- Analyzes and translates complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are met.
- Works with other functional counterparts to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical avionics suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in technical or engineering related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of Avionics / e-Enabling Engineering experience
- Avionics experience on 7-series aircraft programs
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills/Experience):
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with 787 aircraft is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Service Engineering, Field Service, Maintenance Engineering, or Customer/Logistics Support is preferred.