Highlights of job duties:
If you’re interested in taking part in a once in a career opportunity, Client is looking for a 5G Senior Hardware Designer with expertise in 4G and 5G Radio development, to be part of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Client for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have significant work experience in 5G wireless hardware development, 4G R&D, mobile systems, and 3GPP as well as a strong background in collaboration with design and manufacturing teams related to development of Radio products.
- Drive the collaborative implementation of Radio Unit PCBA development
- Write specification, design, and verification of the complete radio board
- Hands-on technical leader directing detailed digital and RF design, applying extensive experience
- Collaborate closely throughout the development process to jointly establish top-level product characteristics and technology selections
- Collaborate in board bring-up, data path bring-up, and performance optimization
- Evaluate and advise on commercial technology, vendor reference designs, third-party IP, partner designs, and OEM proposals
- Mentor and bring up junior Hardware Designer.
Essential Skills and Expertise/Experience
- Strong hands on understanding of High-Speed Serial links on a board level environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skill
- Working knowledge in digital, RF and clocking hardware design, DCDC power design.
- Good understand of SI and its mitigation technique.
- In depth knowledge of PCB design technique. (Floor planning, Route planning, Constraint)
- Working knowledge in radio hardware development from concept to volume manufacturing
- Experience in working with Radio Software development teams on embedded firmware requirements, and control and configuration of the RU
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications and worldwide spectrum and telecommunications regulations
- Knowledge in 4G and 5G Radio and/or subsystems architecture, implementation and ecosystem
- Strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across functional areas