Mavenir is purpose-built to redefine mobile network economics for Communication Service Providers (CSPs). Our innovative solutions pave the way to 5G with 100% software-based, end-to-end, Cloud Native network solutions. Leveraging industry-leading firsts in VoLTE, VoWiFi, Advanced Messaging (RCS), Multi-ID, vEPC and Cloud RAN, Mavenir accelerates network transformation for more than 250+ CSP customers in over 130 countries, serving over 50% of the world’s subscribers.
Today we use 3rd party products for RRUs to go with our 4G and 5G OpenRAN solutions. To expand our product portfolio, we will develop our own high-end Massive MIMO radios. Focus will be on advanced technology and product development together with customers. We will progress this as a start-up company in Mavenir and leverage the whole organization. If you would like to work for a startup with resources, a large existing customer base and worldwide reach, this is it.
As Massive MIMO Radio Chief Engineer you will join the Radio Development Unit team and will be responsible for high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G mMIMO radio HW architecture and development technical aspect. This position will be based in Richardson, Texas.Key Responsibilities
- Lead Architect for the mMIMO radio electromechanical solution which will be used by the R&D team to implement and develop the product.
- Define the overall architecture, internal and external interfaces, and detailed functional description of the solution to optimize performance, product, and manufacturability
- Perform technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
- Create detailed system-level functional requirements and specifications
- Owner of Beamforming Calibration feature, architecture, and requirement, including Antenna specification
- Monitor standards body activities to and participate (if necessary) to influence the industry with the innovative vision of the company
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
- Provide active support and guidance for program management
- Provide support for PLM and pre-sales in RFI/RFQ cases
- Provide system-level technical support in customer meetings
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features
- Create requirement specification for production test systems
- Approve test plans and test reports
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior members of the team
- Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio program lead architect / chief engineer role
- Possess sound understanding of essential elements of Systems engineering including how to convey requirements to development and QA teams
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network. Additional knowledge on the core network standards is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of reliability analysis
- Deep knowledge on RF, digital and mechanical design and verification
- In-depth knowledge on beamforming, beamforming calibration, and antenna design and technologies
- Familiarity with electronics, PWB, and mechanical components supplier base and supply chain
- Deep knowledge on cost efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills
- Curious minded person striving for continuous learning and innovation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
- MS Degree in EE or CS.
- At least 10+ years’ experience in the telecommunication industry in design and systems engineering roles