We are seeking a full-time, senior communications engineer who will apply their experience in 4G/5G wireless systems to integrate, operate and trouble-shoot eNB and gNB prototypes running DeepSig’s machine learning virtualized RAN software products. We seek a candidate who has significant wireless systems or network implementation experience and a deep understanding of signal processing techniques for synchronization, estimation, equalization, performance within 4G/5G systems. Experience working with existing physical layer software stacks such as OAI, FlexRAN, Aerial SDK is a plus. The position supports the team that is integrating DeepSig’s 5G software into open and proprietary software stacks by simulating RF channel effects and measure traditional communications performance metrics such as BER, EVM, FER together with higher level system KPIs. Experience in mobile network RF design, optimization, and T&M products is a plus.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Developing techniques to show the performance advantage of AI based 3GPP 5G NR and other wireless systems
- Working with vRAN communications software such as FlexRAN, OAI or Aerial to help gather data, generate test integrations, and performance metrics and comparisons
- Working with a small and fast-moving team which is working to digest machine learning research and development breakthroughs from industry and academia, and rapidly apply breakthrough ideas to impact the state of the art in the wireless signal processing domain
- Working with engineering and product development teams, customers, and field tests to validate, deploy, and scale new communications software capabilities
- Working with product managers, business development, and engineering teams to help shape future products based on the art of what is possible, and build out prototypes, and work with engineering teams to help mature and ship commercial software products for key signal processing tasks in RF sensing, modem communications, and 5G vRAN systems.
What we need to see:
- Strong knowledge and experience in wireless, communications and signal processing systems and applied software and emulation level.
- Experience developing or testing 4G/5G eNB and gNBs
- Experience working in software environments such as Python, Jupyter Notebooks, CommPy/Matlab, GNU Radio, C++, and RF data visualization and diagnosis.
- Strong communications and teaming skills to work collaboratively and productively in a small company environment where we often wear multiple hats.
- Ideally M.S. or greater in Electrical/Computer Engineering, minimum B.S. or equivalent experience in these fields.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States, some programs require that work authorization is via US citizenship or permanent residency.