Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type ofnetwork, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and largeenterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect. The 4LS teamworks closely with end customers, Nokia Customer teams and other Nokiasupport team (3LS, 2LS) as well as Nokia service teams. The 4LS team is now a global team with engineers in NPV, Espoo and Athens. The NPV 4LS memberssupport the WMM, and the CMM as part of the global 4LS team. Desirable qualities for the job are:
- Good communication skills on technical issues (our customers ask for a lot of details).
- Good analytical skills – we do a lot of RCAs (what if, etc.)
- Good debugging skills – log file analysis, PCMD, PM, perf data analysis.
- Great working relationships with developer and testers in the global organization.
- Most important of all – enthusiasm and desire to make the product look best in call from the end customer perspective.
Of course, basic product knowledge (WMM, CMM) is implied and it is understood that everyone has his/her area or expertise. But willingness to learn other areas is expected. We typically do not fix bugs ourselves, but we do write code for debugging tools (included in the load we deliver to the field), analytical scripts, etc. Although this is a full time assignment, the support works comes in burst, so there is sometimes opportunity to participate in regular development and test assignments (up to the individual). At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.