7,000 people, one global focus - enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock. We are passionate about what we do at IDEXX – and why wouldn’t we be? When you’re working to raise the standard of care for pets, make drinking water safe for billions and keep our livestock population around the globe healthy and free of disease, it’s no wonder that what we do each day is more than just a job. There’s an energy across IDEXX that is contagious – where caring and committed people come together to make things better.
LEADERSHIP/MANAGEMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH IDEXX LABORATORIES – THE INTERNATIONAL LEADER IN VETERINARY DIAGNOSTICS
We are recruiting for an outstanding Third Shift Laboratory Supervisor for our Totowa, NJ Reference Lab. Are you a Clinical Laboratory professional looking for a new opportunity and new challenge? Bring your skills and energy to the World Leader in Veterinary Diagnostics...
Yes, you read that right, Veterinary Diagnostics!
Looking for a Lab Professional who can oversee our Hematology, Chemistry, and UA Benches and Personnel. Experience managing all facets of lab personnel (managing staff, resolving escalated issues, leading work activities of the laboratory, providing for adequate staffing and resources, and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing customer satisfaction is maintained) strongly preferred. Experience in and understanding of clinical reference diagnostic labs operations desirable.
This is a third shift/overnight position with hours Monday through Friday, 11:30am - 8am, with an every-other-Saturday rotation. Saturday hours will be 9:00pm - 5:30am.
We are offering a $5K sign-on bonus for the successful new IDEXX hire.
Looking to move to the Garden State? Relocation assistance is available!
Come join an innovative world leader - Come join our winning team!
The Laboratory Bench Supervisor oversees day-to-day activities in an animal diagnostic reference laboratory unit/group/area/department, performing laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet andotheranimal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment. Supervises staff, assigning work and evaluating results. Contributes to the development of operating policies and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises day-to-day activities in a laboratory unit/group/area, performing laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment.
• Supervises staff, assigning work, monitoring activities and evaluating performance. Resolves escalated issues. Administers employment actions, provides coaching and guidance to staff and promotes staff training and development. Provides input to department policies and procedures.
• Leads work activities of the lab unit/group/area/department, planning and organizing work, providing for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on schedule so that ongoing customer satisfaction is maintained.
• Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
• Contributes to maintenance of department diagnostic equipment and other technical resources. Coordinates with internal personnel, vendors and others as needed to resolve issues and maintain ongoing functionality.
• Prepares reports, presentations and other information summarizing work activities. Prepares various analyses as needed to highlight issues and resolve questions.
• Maintains knowledge of changes and developments in the industry affecting work activities. May participate in outside industry groups and forums related to business activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
No unsolicited Employment Agency resumes are accepted.
Job Id 108247