Our 3PL client provides Contract Logistics services to industrial and heavy equipment manufacturers, including warehousing, materials management, quality inspection, assembly, packaging and manufacturing replenishment, in addition to asset-based transportation. It operates 7 warehouses and 8 transportation terminals in the Midwest and Southeast, employing 600 warehousemen and 400 drivers. While the company is located outside of Chicago, it seeks to hire a senior 3PL sales professional based in the Midwest who can travel to visit prospective and existing customers.
The 3PL Warehousing Sales Director is responsible for developing 3PL Contract Logistics business among industrial and heavy equipment manufacturers in the Midwest. A qualified candidate will have expertise in 3PL Warehousing sales including prospecting, consultative sales, pricing and contract development, and a solid track record of success.
The advantage of working for our 3PL client includes a broad range of complementary 3PL services, an outstanding reputation for high-quality service with many marquee names among long-term customers, and substantial resources for supporting marketing, solution design and implementation, as well as competitive pay and commission structure.
- Lead direct sales efforts to generate new business for 3PL Contract Logistics services in key customer verticals, including Industrial, heavy equipment manufacturing, and related industries.
- Identify and call-on prospective customers in the Midwest.
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline required to meet the annual new business and client retention goals.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to discover customer needs and develop 3PL solutions options.
- Collaborate with internal resources and directly manage the sales process, including lead generation and qualification, contact management, proposal development and RFP response, presentation and closing.
- Create and present professional, effective, and profitable customer proposals.
- Close sales and achieve company goals for revenue growth and margin expectations.
- Stay informed of and work to maximize utilization of warehouse facilities, personnel and trucking assets.
- Support marketing efforts to develop sales collateral and presentation materials and advertise across multiple channels, including company website, trade shows and conferences, industry influencers, and social media.
- Implement systems to support sales management (CRM) and establish customer metrics for reporting.
- Work effectively with internal and external resource teams to ensure service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Stay informed of industry news and trends, and market opportunities.
- Provide company leadership with direct input on 3PL growth strategy and business development plans.
- Must have minimum 5 years direct sales experience in the 3PL Contract Logistics sales, including warehousing, materials management, quality inspection, assembly, packaging and manufacturing replenishment, in addition to asset-based transportation.
- Exceptional skills and experience in targeting, lead generation, sales promotion and marketing, direct sales, pipeline and customer relationship management, solution design, pricing/ costing and proposal development, presentation and negotiation, and sales training and management.
- Record of success selling in 3PL Contract Logistics services to customers in Industrial, Heavy Equipment and related industries.
- Highly knowledgeable of 3PL VAWD, DTM and DCC services, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Strong network and awareness of key manufacturers and distributors in the territory.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and expertise in consultative selling methods.
- Ability to independently manage a sales pipeline of prospects and multiple business development proposals.
- Ability to facilitate and motivate teams to produce innovative logistics solutions that meet customer needs within tight time frames and contribute to building a positive work environment.
- Proficient computer skills with PC-based desktop applications, such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel), email, and web-based meeting and presentation applications, as well as CRM.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain execution systems, especially for transportation and warehouse management.
- Willingness to travel 50% travel within Midwest.
- Valid state-issued driver's license and proof of automobile insurance.
- A bachelor's degree in logistics, business, or a related field is preferred.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.